Consider this Your Proactive Invitation
3 Days of Medical Education
Multi-Disciplinary, Relevant Education
The 2023 Meeting will focus on how to develop a more patient-centered practice and how you can more effectively engage with your patients (and your care team) to promote wellness.
2nd Annual PIT SMArtBowl
Student & Resident Jeopardy-Style Quiz Competition
Students and Residents from the region compete for cash awards and the coveted title of "SMArtBowl Champs".
Student/Resident Abstract Competition
The FIRST EVER TOP 20 Abstract Competition!
After an intense virtual competition between hundreds of medical students and residents from around the country, this year's Assembly will feature a LIVE Competition for the selected Top 20 presenters!
Keynote Speaker and Live Entertainment
Network, Learn and Socialize with Colleagues
In the South, we love relationships. So, we are going old school this year. It's the first in-person-only meeting we've held in years, and SMA is committed to making this meeting one that you will want to return to year-in and year-out.
SMA's Premier Annual Live Medical Conference
An extensive agenda that covers everything from the up-to-date methods of preventative medicine to more complex subject matter and latest research studies. Every presentation is peer-reviewed by our Planning Committee of highly respected industry clinicians, ensuring that all faculty content complies with or exceeds ACCME’s educational standards. After attending this in-depth, three-day conference, you’ll walk away with what you need to add this focus on patient care to your existing practice as well as expand your knowledge of physician self-care and learning how to thrive.
About the Event
Join health care professionals in Greensboro, NC, for the 2023 Annual Scientific Assembly conference on “Proactive Medicine in a Reactive World”. Improve your patient care with the latest research and practical tips, provided by experts. The Southern Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Hear it on Thursday/Friday, use it on Monday.
The learning objectives of this program are:
- Implement a unique approach to taking action before patient symptoms manifest.
- Integrate new models aimed to prevent the onset of disease by providing patients with information about their lifestyle, environment and family history.
- Discuss the importance of physician self-care and discovering again the physician’s major goals of medicine, “to cure, to care, and to comfort”.
- Incorporate strategies for the various types of medicine (preventative care, curative care, chronic care and palliative care).
- Over 15 hours of continuing education
- Up-to-date information on controlled substances, mental health and heart disease.
- Presentations from Southern Medical Association Leaders and Board Members
- Speakers will include experts in their field, renowned authors, and the latest in research via abstract presentations
- Networking sessions with local and national physicians/clinicians and medical students.
- Smart Bowl Event
- Discounted hotel room rates at the Grandover Resort and Spa in Greensboro, NC