Greetings from Birmingham! The home office is abuzz in preparation for the Annual Scientific Assembly taking place October 29-31 at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Destin, Florida.
If you’ve never been… wait… what?
Sandestin's Baytowne Wharf is beautiful in the fall. Cool breezes gently blowing in over the bay, together with the music, seafood, fireworks, and a truly relaxing atmosphere, make the Wharf area an ideal family friendly beach location (without the sand). Add to that SMA’s Physicians-in-Training abstract competition and a diverse lineup of lectures and premier speakers, and this year’s Assembly is certainly an event you don’t want to miss.
- Sickle Cell Disease: Pathophysiologic Concepts/Expert Guidelines for Improved Outcomes
- Contraception: Past, Present and Future
- A System Based Approach to Managing Diabetic Foot Infection
- Disaster Planning and Response Strategies from the Pediatric Perspective
- Ethical Challenges in the Care of Patients with Alzheimer’s and Other Dementias
- Integrating Psychiatry in Primary Care: Telepsychiatry and Beyond
- Obesity: Evidence and Lessons from the Baby Boomer Generation
- Adherence to Healthy Lifestyle Habits in U.S. Adults
- Marijuana Myths and Science 2015
- Update on Prevention for Primary Care
- Dermatologic Mimicry – Vancomycin Induced Fixed Drug Eruption
- Angiosarcoma of Tongue – A Case Report of an Extremely Rare Tumor
- Telomere Rejuvenation and Longevity
- Extensive Chest Wall Defect Reconstruction with Titanium Rib Plates
- How an Episode of Urinary Retention Gives Us Our Modern Understanding of the Universe
- Medical Ethics and Physician-Patient Encounters
- Hypertension Update 2015
- Cyber Liability
Register now and join us later this month in Destin! We look forward to seeing you there!