- Call for Abstracts opens - April
- Submission deadline - July
- Notifications sent - August
- Conference takes place - October/November
- Call for Abstracts opens - November
- Submission deadline: January
- Acceptance notifications emailed - February
- Conference takes place - Mid to late April
Announcing the Inaugural Physicians-in-
Training Leadership Conference
April 16-18, 2021
We Are Going Virtual!
Join us from the comfort of your home or office!
Medical Students and Residents will have an opportunity to:
- Submit abstracts for oral and digital poster presentations;
- Participate in hands-on workshops;
- Network with colleagues from medical schools across SMA’s Southern Region;
- Participate in interactive activities designed for interprofessional learning;
- Take home practical information from keynote speakers;
- Fulfill ACGME requirements related to participation in scholarly activities.
COVID-19 Virtual Meeting Statement
In light of on-going developments with COVID-19, SMA has decided to move the inaugural Physicians-in-Training Leadership Conference to an online, virtual experience that will take place live on April 16-18, 2021. We believe this is the safest approach for the well-being of our audience of healthcare providers and we are excited that a virtual event makes it possible to broaden the learning opportunities and engagement at this time.
Attendees, connecting from the comfort and safety of their home or office, will be able to participate in question and answer sessions and engage with the speakers through our virtual conference platform.
Best of all, all of the educational sessions will be easily accessible on-demand post-meeting to view at your convenience, if you are unable to attend the live virtual event.