Short Term Disability Insurance
Short-term disability is a type of insurance benefit that provides some compensation or income replacement for non-job-related injuries or illnesses that render you unable to work for a limited time period.
SMA has worked alongside The Standard Insurance Company for over 15 years to offer Group Insurance coverage to SMA members and their staff. The Standard has maintained an “A” rating or higher from A.M. Best Company since 1928. The Short-Term Disability policy we offer allows both physician members and their staff to purchase up to 70% of pre-disability income. There are choices of benefit and waiting period options:
- Physician members can purchase up to $2500 weekly benefit, with 15/75, 15/165, 30/60 or 30/150 waiting period/benefit options.
- Physician’s Staff members can receive up to $500 weekly benefit, with 15/75, 15/165, 30/60 or 30/150 waiting period/benefit options.
- Multiple Waiting Period Coverage Options;
- Multiple Benefit Duration Options;
- Group Disability Coverage is Extended to Physicians and Staff.
- Purchase up to 70% of Income Protection;
- Group Disability Coverage is Extended to Physicians and Staff;
- Rich Physician Contract w/ up to $2500 Weekly Benefit Amount.