August 3, 2021
SMJ Call for Papers
Southern Medical Journal
Special Series on “Pain Management and Opioid Prescribing”
The Southern Medical Journal invites original research, review manuscripts, and focused clinical perspectives on current topics in “Pain Management and Opioid Prescribing” for a special series to be published throughout 2022. We welcome manuscripts in the following topic areas, but other contemporary topics on the subject will also be considered:
- Telehealth and opioid prescribing (e.g., caring remotely for patients with addiction)
- Medication-assisted therapy (MAT)
- COVID-19’s impact on the opioid crisis; lessons learned for the future
- Standards of care in pain management and opioid prescribing
- State and federal regulations and rules
- Medical education curricula and practitioner training programs
- Multidisciplinary approaches to management of pain
- Ethical considerations in pain management
*Please note that case reports will not be considered.
Manuscripts should be submitted between now and April 1, 2022 to be considered for the special series. Submission for the special series should be indicated in the cover letter.
Please visit www.editorialmanager.com/smj for the complete instructions for authors and to submit your manuscript.
For any questions about this special series, please contact SMJ Managing Editor, Jennifer Price at [email protected].