1. An HS, Simpson JM, Stein R. Outpatient laminotomy and discectomy. J Spinal Disord 1999;12:192–196.
2. Deletis V, Vodusek DB, Abbott R, et al. Intraoperative monitoring of the dorsal sacral roots: minimizing the risk of iatrogenic micturition disorders. Neurosurgery 1992;30:72–75.
3. Fountas KN, Kapsalaki EZ, Johnston KW, et al. Postoperative lumbar microdiscectomy pain: minimalization by irrigation and cooling. Spine 1999;24:1958–1960.
4. Glasser RS, Knego RS, Delashaw JB, et al. The perioperative use of corticosteroids and bupivacaine in the management of lumbar disc disease. J Neurosurg 1993;78:383–387.
5. Hans P, Brichant JF, Bonhomme V, et al. Analgesic efficiency of propacetamol hydrochloride after lumbar disc surgery. Acta Anaesthesiol Belg 1993;44:129–133.
6. Lumbar discectomy path emphasizes pain control. Hosp Case Manag 1997;5(5):90–94.
7. Jones KG, Barnett HC. The use of hydrocortisone in spinal surgery. South Med J 1955;48:617–623.
8. Joshi GP, McCarroll SM, O’Rourke K. Postoperative analgesia after lumbar laminectomy: epidural fentanyl infusion versus patient-controlled intravenous morphine. Anesth Analg 1995;80:511–514.
9. King JS. Dexamethasone: a helpful adjunct in management after lumbar discectomy. Neurosurgery1984;14:697–700.
10. Le Roux PD, Samudrala S. Postoperative pain after lumbar disc surgery: a comparison between parenteral ketorolac and narcotics. Acta Neurochir (Wien) 1999;141:261–267.
11. Milligan KR, Macafee AL, Fogarty DJ, et al. Intraoperative bupivacaine diminishes pain after lumbar discectomy: a randomised double-blind study. J Bone Joint Surg Br 1993;75:769–771.
12. O’Neill P, Knickenberg C, Bogahalanda S, et al. Use of intrathecal morphine for postoperative pain relief following lumbar spine surgery. J Neurosurg 1985;63:413–416.
13. Ross DA, Drasner K, Weinstein PR, et al. Use of intrathecally administered morphine in the treatment of postoperative pain after lumbar spinal surgery: a prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Neurosurgery 1991;28:700–704.
14. Waikakul W, Chumniprasas K. Direct epidural morphine injection during lumbar discectomy for postoperative analgesia. J Med Assoc Thai 1992;75:428–433.
15. Bourke DL, Spatz E, Motara R, et al. Epidural opioids during laminectomy surgery for postoperative pain. J Clin Anesth 1992;4:277–281.
16. Foulkes GD, Robinson JS Jr. Intraoperative dexamethasone irrigation in lumbar microdiskectomy.Clin Orthop 1990;261:224–228.
17. Herdmann J, Deletis V, Edmonds HL Jr, et al. Spinal cord and nerve root monitoring in spine surgery and related procedures. Spine 1996;21:879–885.
18. Shinomiya K, Fuchioka M, Matsuoka T, et al. Intraoperative monitoring for tethered spinal cord syndrome. Spine 1991;16:1290–1294.
19. Balzer JR, Rose RD, Welch WC, et al. Simultaneous somatosensory evoked potential and electromyographic recordings during lumbosacral decompression and instrumentation. Neurosurgery1998;42:1318–1325.
20. Davis R, Emmons SE. Benefits of epidural methylprednisolone in a unilateral lumbar discectomy: a matched controlled study. J Spinal Disord 1990;3:299–307.
21. Gibbons KJ, Barth AP, Ahuja A, et al. Lumbar discectomy: use of an epidural morphine sponge for postoperative pain control. Neurosurgery 1995;36:1131–1136.
22. Hurlbert RJ, Theodore N, Drabier JB, et al. A prospective randomized double-blind controlled trial to evaluate the efficacy of an analgesic epidural paste following lumbar decompressive surgery. J Neurosurg 1999;90(4 Suppl):191–197.
23. Lavyne MH, Bilsky MH. Epidural steroids, postoperative morbidity, and recovery in patients undergoing microsurgical lumbar discectomy. J Neurosurg 1992;77:90–95.
24. McNeill TW, Andersson GB, Schell B, et al. Epidural administration of methylprednisolone and morphine for pain after a spinal operation: a randomized, prospective, comparative study. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1995;77:1814–1818.
25. Nayman J. Measurement and control of postoperative pain. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 1979;61:419–426.
26. Rechtine GR, Reinert CM, Bohlman HH. The use of epidural morphine to decrease postoperative pain in patients undergoing lumbar laminectomy. J Bone Joint Surg Am1984;66:113–116.
27. Rose RD, Welch WC, Balzer JR, et al. Intraoperative stimulation during pedicle screw placement. Presented at the 10th annual meeting of the North American Spine Society. LaGrange, IL, North American Spine Society, 1995, pp 117–118.
28. Welch WC, Rose RD, Balzer JR, et al. Evaluation with evoked and spontaneous electromyography during lumbar instrumentation: a prospective study. J Neurosurg 1997;87:397–402.