1. Bonakdar RA, Guarneri E. Coenzyme Q10. Am Fam Physician 2005;72:1065-1070.
2. Bhagavan HN, Chopra RK. Coenzyme Q10: absorption, tissue uptake, metabolism and pharmacokinetics. Free Radic Res 2006;40:445-453.
3. Sood A, Sood R, Brinker FJ, et al. Potential for interactions between dietary supplements and prescription medications. Am J Med 2008;121:207-211.
4. Peng CC, Glassman PA, Trilli LE, et al. Incidence and severity of potential drug-dietary supplement interactions in primary care patients: an exploratory study of 2 outpatient practices. Arch Intern Med 2004;164:630-636.
5. Eisenberg DM, Davis RB, Ettner SL, et al. Trends in alternative medicine use in the United States, 1990Y1997: results of a follow-up national survey. JAMA 1998;280:1569-1575.
6. Quinzii CM, Hirano M. Primary and secondary CoQ(10) deficiencies in humans. Biofactors 2011;37:361-365.
7. Arcaniolo D, Favilla V, Tiscione D, et al. Is there a place for nutritional supplements in the treatment of idiopathic male infertility? Arch Ital Urol Androl 2014;86:164-170.
8. Lafuente R, Gonzalez-Comadran M, Sola I, et al. Coenzyme Q10 and male infertility: a meta-analysis. J Assist Reprod Genet 2013;30:1147-1156.
9. Mancini A, De Marinis L, Littarru GP, et al. An update of coenzyme Q10 implications in male infertility: biochemical and therapeutic aspects. Biofactors 2005;25:165-174.
10. Sun-Edelstein C, Mauskop A. Foods and supplements in the management of migraine headaches. Clin J Pain 2009;25:446-452.
11. Montero R, Pineda M, Aracil A, et al. Clinical, biochemical and molecular aspects of cerebellar ataxia and coenzyme Q10 deficiency. Cerebellum 2007;6:118-122.
12. Wang D, Yan X, Xia M, et al. Coenzyme Q10 promotes macrophage cholesterol efflux by regulation of the activator protein-1/miR-378/ATP-binding cassette transporter G1-signaling pathway. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2014;34:1860-1870.
13. Lin YT, Kincaid RP, Arasappan D, et al. Small RNA profiling reveals antisense transcription throughout the KSHV genome and novel small RNAs. RNA 2010;16:1540-1558.
14. Allen RM, Vickers KC. Coenzyme Q10 increases cholesterol efflux and inhibits atherosclerosis through microRNAs. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2014;34:1795-1797.
15. Flowers N, Hartley L, Todkill D, et al. Co-enzyme Q10 supplementation for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2014;12:CD010405.
16. Lee BJ, Lin YC, Huang YC, et al. The relationship between coenzyme Q10, oxidative stress, and antioxidant enzymes activities and coronary artery disease. ScientificWorldJournal 2012;2012:792756.
17. Hargreaves IP, Duncan AJ, Heales SJ, et al. The effect of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors on coenzyme Q10: possible biochemical/clinical implications. Drug Saf 2005;28:659-676.
18. Moyad MA. The placebo effect and randomized trials: analysis of alternative medicine. Urol Clin North Am 2002;29:135-155.
19. Kendler BS. Supplemental conditionally essential nutrients in cardiovascular disease therapy. J Cardiovasc Nurs 2006;21:9-16.
20. Hidaka T, Fujii K, Funahashi I, et al. Safety assessment of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10). Biofactors 2008;32:199-208.
21. Janson M. Orthomolecular medicine: the therapeutic use of dietary supplements for anti-aging. Clin Interv Aging 2006;1:261Y265.
22. Shults CW. Coenzyme Q10 in neurodegenerative diseases. Curr Med Chem 2003;10:1917-1921.
23. Nahas R. Complementary and alternative medicine approaches to blood pressure reduction: an evidence-based review. Can Fam Physician 2008;54:1529-1533.
24. Rosenfeldt F, Hilton D, Pepe S, et al. Systematic review of effect of coenzyme Q10 in physical exercise, hypertension and heart failure. Biofactors 2003;18:91-100.
25. Singh U, Devaraj S, Jialal I. Coenzyme Q10 supplementation and heart failure. Nutr Rev 2007;65(6 Pt 1):286-293.
26. Soja AM, Mortensen SA. Treatment of congestive heart failure with coenzyme Q10 illuminated by meta-analyses of clinical trials. Mol Aspects Med 1997;18(Suppl):S159-S168.
27. Molyneux SL, Florkowski CM, George PM, et al. Coenzyme Q10: an independent predictor of mortality in chronic heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008;52:1435-1441.
28. McMurray JJ, Dunselman P, Wedel H, et al. Coenzyme Q10, rosuvastatin, and clinical outcomes in heart failure: a pre-specified substudy of CORONA (controlled rosuvastatin multinational study in heart failure). J Am Coll Cardiol 2010;56:1196-1204.
29. Felker GM. Coenzyme Q10 and statins in heart failure: the dog that didn’t bark. J Am Coll Cardiol 2010;56:1205-1206.
30. Madmani ME, Yusuf Solaiman A, Tamr Agha K, et al. Coenzyme Q10 for heart failure. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2014;6:CD008684.
31. Marcoff L, Thompson PD. The role of coenzyme Q10 in statin-associated myopathy: a systematic review. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007;49:2231-2237.
32. Singh RB, Niaz MA, Kumar A, et al. Effect on absorption and oxidative stress of different oral coenzyme Q10 dosages and intake strategy in healthy men. Biofactors 2005;25:219-224.
33. Caso G, Kelly P, McNurlan MA, et al. Effect of coenzyme q10 on myopathic symptoms in patients treated with statins. Am J Cardiol 2007;99:1409-1412.
34. Banach M, Serban C, Sahebkar A, et al. Effects of coenzyme Q10 on statin-induced myopathy: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Mayo Clin Proc 2015;90:24-34.
35. Banach M, Mikhailidis DP, Lipid and Blood Pressure Meta-analysis Collaboration (LBPMC) Group. In replyVcoenzyme Q10 and statin-induced myopathy. Mayo Clin Proc 2015;90:420-421.
36. Roffe L, Schmidt K, Ernst E. Efficacy of coenzyme Q10 for improved tolerability of cancer treatments: a systematic review. J Clin Oncol 2004;22:4418-4424.