1. Dewa CS, Loong D, Bonato S, et al. How does burnout affect physician productivity? A systematic literature review. BMC Health Serv Res 2014;14:325.
2. Shanafelt TD, Mungo M, Schmitgen J, et al. Longitudinal study evaluating the association between physician burnout and changes in professional work effort. Mayo Clin Proc 2016;91:422-431.
3. Atkinson W, Misra-Hebert A, Stoller JK. The impact on revenue of physician turnover: an assessment model and experience in a large healthcare center. J Med Pract Manage 2006;21:351-355.
4. Lu DW, Dresden S, McCloskey C, et al. Impact of burnout on self-reported patient care among emergency physicians. West J Emerg Med 2015;16:996-1001.
5. Maslach C. Burnout: The Cost of Caring. Englewood Cliffs, NJ:Prentice-Hall;1982.
6. Wurm W, Vogel K, Holl A, et al. Depression-burnout overlap in physicians. PLoS One 2016;11:e0149913.
7. Zhou J, Yang Y, Qiu X, et al. Relationship between anxiety and burnout among Chinese physicians: a moderated mediation model. PLoS One 2016;11:e0157013.
8. Center C, Davis M, Detre T, et al. Confronting depression and suicide in physicians: a consensus statement. JAMA 2003;289:3161-3166.
9. Zoccolillo M, Murphy GE, Wetzel RD. Depression among medical students. J Affect Disord 1986;11:91-96.
10. Givens JL, Tjia J. Depressed medical students’ use of mental health services and barriers to use. Acad Med 2002;77:918-921.
11. Dyrbye LN, West CP, Sinsky CA, et al. Medical licensure questions and physician reluctance to seek care for mental health conditions. Mayo Clin Proc 2017;92:1486-1493.
12. Fahrenkopf AM, Sectish TC, Barger LK, et al. Rates of medication errors among depressed and burnt out residents: prospective cohort study. BMJ 2008;336:488-491.
13. Anagnostopoulos F, Liolios E, Persefonis G, et al. Physician burnout and patient satisfaction with consultation in primary health care settings: evidence of relationships from a one-with-many design. J Clin Psychol Med Settings 2012;19:401-410.
14. Haas JS, Cook EF, Puopolo AL, et al. Is the professional satisfaction of general internists associated with patient satisfaction? J Gen Intern Med 2000;15:122-128.
15. Ratanawongsa N, Roter D, Beach MC, et al. Physician burnout and patient-physician communication during primary care encounters. J Gen Intern Med 2008;23:1581-1588.
17. Schroeder R, Brazeau CM, Zackin F, et al. Do state medical board applications violate the Americans with Disabilities Act? Acad Med 2009;84:776-781.
18. Gold KJ, Shih ER, Goldman EB, et al. Do US medical licensing applications treat mental and physical illnesses equivalently? Fam Med 2017;49:464-467.