1. Cohen PG. The association of premature ejaculation and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. J Sex Marital Ther 1997; 23: 208–211.
2. Laumann EO, Paik A, Rosen RC. Sexual dysfunction in the United States: prevalence and predictors. JAMA 1999; 281: 537–544.
3. White BJ, Rogol AD, Brown KS, Lieblich JM, Rosen SW. The syndrome of anosmia with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism: A genetic study of 18 new families and a review. Am J Med Genet 1983; 15: 417–435.
4. Winter JS, Faiman C. Serum gonadotropin in concentrations in agonadal children and adults. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1972; 35: 561–564.
5. Crowley WF, Whitcomb RW. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone deficiency in men: Diagnosis and treatment with exogenous gonadotropin-releasing hormone. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1990; 163: 1752–1758.
6. Cohen PG. The hypogonadal obesity cycle: Role of aromatase in modulating the testosterone-estradiol shunt—major factor in the genesis of morbid obesity. Med Hypotheses 1999; 52: 49–51.
7. Simpson ER, Mahendroo MS, Means GD, Kilgore MW, Hinshelwood MM, Graham-Lorence S, et al. Aromatase cytochrome P450, the enzyme responsible for estrogen biosynthesis. Endocr Rev 1994; 15: 342–355.
8. Bhatnagar AS, Muller P, Schenkel L, Trunet PF, Beh I, Schieweck K. Inhibition of estrogen biosynthesis and its consequences on gonadotrophin secretion in the male. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 1992; 41: 437–443.
9. Matsumoto AM. Hormonal therapy of male hypogonadism. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 1994; 28: 857–875.
10. Tenover JL. Male hormone replacement therapy including “andropause.” Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 1998; 27: 969–987.
11. Wang C, Swerdloff RS. Androgen replacement therapy. Ann Med 1997; 29: 365–370.
12. Barkan AL, Reame NE, Kelch RP, Marshall JC. Idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism in men: Dependence of the hormone responses to gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) on the magnitude of the endogenous GnRH secretory defect. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1985; 61: 1118–1125.
13. Nachtigall LB, Boepple PA, Pralong FP, Crowley WF Jr. Adult-onset idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism: A treatable form of male infertility. N Engl J Med 1997; 336: 410–415.
14. Plourde PV, Dyroff M, Dowsett M, Demers L, Yates R, Webster A. ARIMIDEX: A new oral, once-a-day aromatase inhibitor. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 1995; 53: 175–179.
15. Finkelstein JS, Whitcomb RW, O'Dea LS, Longcope C, Schoenfeld DA, Crowley WF Jr. Sex steroid control of gonadotropin secretion in the human male: Part I—Effects of testosterone administration in normal and gonadotropin-releasing hormone-deficient men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1991; 73: 609–620.
16. Cohen PG, Holbrook JM. Effects of fenfluramine on ejaculatory function, luteinizing hormone and testosterone levels in men with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and premature ejaculation. Int Clin Psychopharmacol 1999; 14: 91–94.
17. Wang C, Iranmanesh A, Berman N, McDonald V, Steiner B, Ziel F, et al. Comparative pharmacokinetics of three doses of percutaneous dihydrotestosterone gel in healthy elderly men: A clinical research center study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1998; 83: 2749–2757.
18. Cooper AJ, Cernovsky ZZ, Colussi K. Some clinical and psychometric characteristics of primary and secondary premature ejaculators. J Sex Marital Ther 1993; 19: 276–288.
19. Hayes FJ, DeCruz S, Seminara SB, Boepple PA, Crowley WF Jr. Differential regulation of gonadotropin secretion by testosterone in the human male: Absence of a negative feedback effect of testosterone on follicle-stimulating hormone secretion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001; 86: 53–58.
20. Kim SC, Sec KK. Efficacy and safety of fluoxetine, sertraline and clomipramine in patients with premature ejaculation: A double-blind, placebo controlled study. J Urol 1998; 159: 425–427.
21. Cohen PG. Aromatase, adiposity, aging and disease: The hypogonadal-metabolic-atherogenic-disease and aging connection. Med Hypotheses 2001; 56: 702–706.