3. Millett GA, Jones AT, Benkeser D, et al. Assessing differential impacts of COVID-19 on black communities. Ann Epidemiol 2020;47:37–44.
4. Marinac CR, Ghobrial IM, Birmann BM, et al. Dissecting racial disparities in multiple myeloma. Blood Cancer J 2020;10:19.
5. Rodriguez BC, Acharya P, Salazar-Fields C, et al. Comparison of frequency of referral to cardiothoracic surgery for aortic valve disease in blacks, Hispanics, and whites. Am J Cardiol 2017;120:450–455.
6. Yankey G, Samad Z, Wu A, et al. Aortic valve replacement and outcomes in patients with severe aortic stenosis: is it black or white? J Am Coll Cardiol 2018;71(11 suppl):A2010.
7. Schpero WL, Morden NE, Sequist TD, et al. For selected services, blacks and Hispanics more likely to receive low-value care than whites. Health Aff 2017;36:1065–1069.
8. Brooks OT. Diversity in medicine: the low levels of black clinicians to provide black on black care is a crime. J Natl Med Assoc 2019;111:469.
9. Alsan M, Garrick O, Graziani GC. Does diversity matter for health? Experimental evidence from Oakland. Am Econ Rev 2019;109:4071–4111.
10. Milam AJ, Furr-Holden D, Edwards-Johnson J, et al. Are clinicians contributing to excess African American COVID-19 deaths? Unbeknownst to them, they may be. Health Equity 2020;4:139–141.
12. Clark LT, Watkins L, Piña IL, et al. Increasing diversity in clinical trials: overcoming critical barriers. Curr Prob Cardiol 2019;44:148–172.
13. Emanuel EJ, Persad G, Upshur R, et al. Fair allocation of scarce medical resources in the time of Covid-19. N Engl J Med 2020;382: 2049–2055.
14. Flynn PT, Betancourt H, Emerson ND, et al. Health professional cultural competence reduces the psychological and behavioral impact of negative healthcare encounters. Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 2020;26: 271–279.
15. Henderson S, Horne M, Hills B, et al. Cultural competence in healthcare in the community: a concept analysis. Health Soc Care Community 2018;26:590–603.