1. Liu J, Hay J, Faught B. The association of sleep disorder, obesity status, and diabetes mellitus among US adultsVThe NHANES 2009Y2010 survey results. Int J Endorcrinol 2013;2013:234129.
2. Bray GA. Medical consequences of obesity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2004;89:2583-2589.
4. Go AS, Mozaffarian D, Roger VL, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics--2013 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2013;127:e6-e245.
5. Roger VL, Go AS, Lloyd-Jones DM, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics--2011 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2011;123:e18-e209.
6. Bassuk S, Manson J. Lifestyle and risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes in women: A review of the epidemiologic evidence. Am J Lifestyle Med 2008;2:191-213.
7. Mosca L, Benjamin EJ, Berra K, et al. Effectiveness-based guidelines for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in women--2011 update: a guideline from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2011;123:1243-1262.
8. James PA, Oparil S, Carter BL, et al. 2014 evidence-based guideline for the management of high blood pressure in adults: report from the panel members appointed to the Eighth Joint National Committee (JNC 8). JAMA 2014;311:507-520.
9. Carroll S, Dudfield M. What is the relationship between exercise and metabolic abnormalities? A review of the metabolic syndrome. Sports Med 2004;34:371-418.
10. Lovejoy JC, Champagne CM, de Jonge L, et al. Increased visceral fat and decreased energy expenditure during the menopausal transition. Int J Obes (Lond) 2008;32:949-958.
11. Gohlke-Barwolf C. Coronary artery disease--is menopause a risk factor? Basic Res Cardiol 2000;95(Suppl I):I77-I83.
12. Crothers LM, Hughes TL, Morine KA. Theory and Cases in School-Based Consultation: A Resource for School Psychologists, School Counselors, Special Educators, and Other Mental Health Professionals, New York: Taylor & Francis, 2008.
13. Velicer WF, Prochaska JO, Fava JL, et al. Smoking cessation and stress management: applications of the transtheoretical model of behavior change. Homeost Health Dis 1998;38:216-233.
14. Deci EL, Ryan RM. Self-determination theory: a macrotheory of human motivation, development, and health. Can Psychol 2008;49:182-185.
15. Azadbakht L, Kimiagar M, Mehrabi Y, et al. Soy inclusion in the diet improves features of the metabolic syndrome: a randomized crossover study in postmenopausal women. Am J Clin Nutr 2007;85:735-741.
16. Stensvold D, Tjonna A, Skaug E, et al. Strength training versus aerobic interval training to modify risk factors of metabolic syndrome. J Appl Physiol 2010;108:804-810.
17. Eriksson KM, Westborg CJ, Eliasson MC. A randomized trial of lifestyle intervention in primary healthcare for the modification of cardiovascular risk factors. Scand J Public Health 2006;34:453-461.
18. Shai I, Schwarzfuchs D, Henkin Y, et al. Weight loss with a low-carbohydrate, Mediterranean, or low-fat diet. N Engl J Med 2008;359:229-241.
19. Frank LL, Sorensen BE, Yasui Y, et al. Effects of exercise on metabolic risk variables in overweight postmenopausal women: a randomized clinical trial. Obes Res 2005;13:615-625.
20. Nicklas BJ,Wang X, You T, et al. Effect of exercise intensity on abdominal fat loss during calorie restriction in overweight and obese postmenopausal women: a randomized, controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2009;89:1043-1052.
21. Okada S, Hiuge A, Makino H, et al. Effect of exercise intervention on endothelial function and incidence of cardiovascular disease in patients with type 2 diabetes. J Atheroscler Thromb 2010;17:828-833.
22. Noakes M, Keogh JB, Foster PR, et al. Effect of an energy-restricted, high-protein, low-fat diet relative to a conventional high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet on weight loss, body composition, nutritional status, and markers of cardiovascular health in obese women. Am J Clin Nutr 2005;81:1298-1306.
23. Howard BV, Van Horn L, Hsia J, et al. Low-fat dietary pattern and risk of cardiovascular disease: the Women’s Health Initiative Randomized Controlled Dietary Modification Trial. JAMA 2006;295:655-666.
24. Foster-Schubert KE, Alfano CM, Duggan CR, et al. Effect of diet and exercise, alone or combined, on weight and body composition in overweight-to obese postmenopausal women. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2012;20:1628-1638.
25. Imayama I, Ulrich CM, Alfano CM, et al. Effects of a caloric restriction weight loss diet and exercise on inflammatory biomarkers in overweight/obese postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trial. Cancer Res 2012;72:2314-2326.
26. Oh EG, Chu SH, Bang SY, et al. Effects of a therapeutic lifestyle modification program on inflammatory chemokines and insulin resistance in subjects with metabolic syndrome. Biol Res Nurs 2011;13:182-188.
27. Villareal DT, Miller BV 3rd, Banks M, et al. Effect of lifestyle intervention on metabolic coronary heart disease risk factors in obese older adults. Am J Clin Nutr 2006;84:1317-1323.
28. O’Rahilly S, Farooqi IS. Genetics of obesity. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 2006;361:1095-1105.
29. Alfredo Martınez J, Enrıquez L, Moreno-Aliaga MJ, et al. Genetics of obesity. Public Health Nutr 2007;10:1138-1144.
30. Sanderson SC, Diefenbach MA, Streicher SA, et al. Genetic and lifestyle causal beliefs about obesity and associated diseases among ethnically diverse patients: a structured interview study. Public Health Genomics 2013;16:83-93.
31. Herrera BM, Keildson S, Lindgren CM. Genetics and epigenetics of obesity. Maturitas 2011;69:41-49.
32. Collins P, Rosano G, Casey C, et al. Management of cardiovascular risk in the perimenopausal woman: a consensus statement of European cardiologists and gynecologists. Climacteric 2007;10:508-526.
33. Mosca L, Mochari-Greenberger H, Dolor RJ, et al. Twelve-year follow-up of American women’s awareness of cardiovascular disease risk and barriers to heart health. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2010;3:120-127.
35. Ma J, Xiao L, Stafford RS. Adult obesity and office-based quality of care in the United States. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2009;17:1077-1085.
36. Fujioka K, Bakhru N. Office-based management of obesity. Mt Sinai J Med 2010;77:466-471.
37. Anderson D, Mizzari K, Kain V, et al. The effects of a multimodal intervention trial to promote lifestyle factors associated with the prevention of cardiovascular disease in menopausal and postmenopausal Australian women. Health Care Women Int 2006;27:238-253.