1. Swartzendruber A, Steiner RJ, Newton-Levinson A. Contraceptive information on pregnancy resource center websites: a statewide content analysis. Contraception 2018; DOI 10.1016/j.contraception.2018.04.002.
2. Kelly K. The spread of ‘post abortion syndrome’ as social diagnosis. Soc Sci Med 2014;102:18–25.
3. Ranard BL, Werner RM, Antanavicius T, et al. Yelp reviews of hospital care can supplement and inform traditional surveys of the patient experience of care. Health Aff (Millwood) 2016;35(4):697–670.
4. Geletta S. Measuring patient satisfaction with medical services using social media generated data. Int J Health Care Qual Assur 2018;31:96–105.
5. Asanad K, Parameshwar PS, Houman J, et al. Online physician reviews in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery: what do patients really want? Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 2018;24:109–114.
6. Cawkwell PB, Lee L, Weitzman M, et al. Tracking hookah bars in New York: utilizing Yelp as a powerful public health tool. JMIR Public Health Surveill 2015;1:e19.
7. Smith RJ, Lipoff JB. Evaluation of dermatology practice online reviews: lessons from qualitative analysis. JAMA Dermatol 2016;152:153–157.
8. Bardach NS, Asteria-Peñaloza R, Boscardin WJ, et al. The relationship between commercial website ratings and traditional hospital performance measures in the USA. BMJ Qual Saf 2013;22:194–202.
10. Swartzendruber A, Lambert DN. A web-based geolocated directory of crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs) in the United States: description of CPC map methods and design features and analysis of baseline data. JMIR Public Health Surveill 2020;6:e16726.
11. Braun V, Clarke V. Using thematic analysis in psychology. Qual Res Psychol 2006;3:77–101.
12. Chung C, Pennebaker J. Revealing dimensions of thinking in open-ended self-descriptions: an automated meaning extraction method for natural language. J Res Pers 2008;42:96–132.
13. Boyd RL, Pennebaker JW. Did Shakespeare write double falsehood? Identifying individuals by creating psychological signatures with text analysis. Psychol Sci 2015;26:570–82.
14. Barrett A, Murphy M, Blackburn K. “Playing hooky” health messages: apprehension, impression management, and deception. Health Commun 2018;33:326–337.
15. Osadchiy V, Vanmali B, Shahinyan R, et al. Taking matters into their own hands: abstinence from pornography, masturbation, and orgasm on the Internet. Arch Sex Behav 2020;49:1427–1428.
17. Blackburn KG, Yilmaz G, Boyd RL. Food for thought: exploring how people think and talk about food online. Appetite 2018;123:390–401.
18. Jiang T, Osadchiy V, Mills JN, et al. Is it all in my head? Self-reported psychogenic erectile dysfunction and depression are common among young men seeking advice on social media. Urology 2020;142:133–140.
19. Pett MA, Lackey NR, Sullivan JJ. Making Sense of Factor Analysis. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications; 2003. .
20. Wolf M, Chung CK, Kordy H. Inpatient treatment to online aftercare: e-mailing themes as a function of therapeutic outcomes. Psychother Res 2010;20:71–85.
21. Stanton AM, Boyd RL, Pulverman CS, et al. Determining women’s sexual self-schemas through advanced computerized text analysis. Child Abuse Negl 2015;46:78–88.
22. Margo J, Mccloskey L, Gupte G, et al. Women’s pathways to abortion care in South Carolina: a qualitative study of obstacles and supports. Perspect Sex Reprod Health 2016;48:199–207.
23. Cyphers NA, Clements AD, Lindseth G. The relationship between religiosity and health-promoting behaviors in pregnant women. West J Nurs Res 2017; 39:1429–1446.
24. Bryant-Comstock K, Bryant AG, Narasimhan S, et al. Information about sexual health on crisis pregnancy center web sites: accurate for adolescents? J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2016;29:22–25.
25. Kimport K. Pregnant women’s reasons for and experiences of visiting antiabortion pregnancy resource centers. Perspect Sex Reprod Health 2020;52:49–56.
28. American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. ACOG Committee Opinion no. 385: the limits of conscientious refusal in reproductive medicine. Obstet Gynecol 2007;110:1203–1208.
31. Kimport K, Dockray JP, Dodson S. What women seek from a pregnancy resource center. Contraception 2016;94:168–172.
34. Swartzendruber A, Newton-Levinson A, Feuchs AE, et al. Sexual and reproductive health services and related health information on pregnancy resource center websites: a statewide content analysis. Womens Health Issues 2018;28:14–20.
37. Parmet WE, Berman ML, Smith JA. The Supreme Court’s crisis pregnancy center case—implications for health law. N Engl J Med 2018;379: 1489–1491.
38. Bryant AG, Swartz JJ. Why crisis pregnancy centers are legal but unethical. AMA J Ethics 2018;20:269–277.
40. Homaifar N, Freedman L, French V. “She’s on her own”: a thematic analysis of clinicians' comments on abortion referral. Contraception 2017;95: 470–476.