1. Chou SC, Hong AS, Weiner SG et al. Impact of high-deductible health plans on emergency department patients with nonspecific chest pain and their subsequent care. Circulation 2021;144:336–349.
2. Gulati M, Levy P, Mukherjee D, et al. 2021 AHA/ACC/ASE/CHEST/ SAEM/SCCT/SCMR guideline for the evaluation and diagnosis of chest pain. J Am Coll Cardiol 2021;78:e187–e285.
3. Venkatesh AK, Dai Y, Ross JS, et al. Variation in US hospital emergency department admission rates by clinical condition. Med Care 2015;53:237-244.
4. Terlizzi EP, Cha AE, Cohen RA. QuickStats: percentage of persons in families having problems paying medical bills in the past 12 months, by age group—National Health Interview Survey, 2011–2017. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2019;68:334.
5. Virani SS, Alonso A, Aparicio HJ, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics—2021 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2021;143: e254-e743.
6. Verzantvoort NCM, Teunis T, Verheij TJM, et al. Self-triage for acute primary care via a smartphone application: practical, safe and efficient? PLoS One 2018;13:e0199284.
7. Aboueid S, Meyer S, Wallace JR, et al. Young adults’ perspectives on the use of symptom checkers for self-triage and self-diagnosis: qualitative study. JMIR Public Health Surveill 2021;7:e22637.
8. Gilbert S, Mehl A, Baluch A, et al. How accurate are digital symptom assessment apps for suggesting conditions and urgency advice? A clinical vignettes comparison to GPs. BMJ Open 2020;10:e040269.
9. Garcia S, Albaghdadi MS, Meraj PM, et al. Reduction in ST-segment elevation cardiac catheterization laboratory activations in the United States during COVID-19 pandemic. J Am Coll Cardiol 2020;75:2871-2872.
10. Lane BH, Mallow PJ, Hooker MB, et al. Trends in United States emergency department visits and associated charges from 2010 to 2016. Am J Emerg Med 2020;38:1576-1581.
11. Lange SJ, Ritchey MD, Goodman AB, et al. Potential indirect effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on use of emergency departments for acute life-threatening conditions—United States, January–May 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2020;69:795-800.
12. Mafham MM, Spata E, Goldacre R, et al. COVID-19 pandemic and admission rates for and management of acute coronary syndromes in England. Lancet 2020;396:381-389.
13. Metzler B, Siostrzonek P, Binder RK, et al. Decline of acute coronary syndrome admissions in Austria since the outbreak of COVID-19: the pandemic response causes cardiac collateral damage. Eur Heart J 2020;41:1852-1853.
14. De Filippo O, D’Ascenzo F, Angelini F, et al. Reduced rate of hospital admissions for ACS during Covid-19 outbreak in northern Italy. N Engl J Med 2020;383:88-89.
15. De Rosa S, Spaccarotella C, Basso C, et al. Reduction of hospitalizations for myocardial infarction in Italy in the COVID-19 era. Eur Heart J 2020;41: 2083-2088.
16. Rodríguez-Leor O, Álvarez BC, Ojeda S, et al. Impacto de la pandemia de COVID-19 sobre la actividad asistencial en cardiología intervencionista en España. Intervent Cardiol 2020;2:82-89.
17. Solomon MD, McNulty EJ, Rana JS, et al. The Covid-19 pandemic and the incidence of acute myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med 2020;383: 691-693.
18. Baldi E, Sechi GM, Mare C, et al. COVID-19 kills at home: the close relationship between the epidemic and the increase of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests. Eur Heart J 2020;41:3045-3054.
19. Mountantonakis SE, Saleh M, Coleman K, et al. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest and acute coronary syndrome hospitalizations during the COVID-19 surge. J Am Coll Cardiol 2020;76:1271-1273.
20. Semigran HL, Linder JA, Gidengil C, et al. Evaluation of symptom checkers for self diagnosis and triage: audit study. BMJ 2015;351: h3480.
21. Wallace W, Chan C, Chidambaram S, et al. The diagnostic and triage accuracy of digital and online symptom checker tools: a systematic review. NPJ Digit Med 2022;5:118.
22. Barzi A, Sadeghi S, King BR. Self-administered decision support tool for triage: results of a retrospective study. Stud Health Technol Inform 2002; 85:45-51.
23. Sadeghi S, Barzi A, Sadeghi N, et al. A Bayesian model for triage decision support. Int J Med Inform 2006;75:403-411.
24. Graber MA, VanScoy D. How well does decision support software perform in the emergency department? Emerg Med J 2003;20:426-428.
25. Thygesen K, Alpert JS, Jaffe AS, et al. Fourth universal definition of myocardial infarction (2018). J Am Coll Cardiol 2018;72:2231-2264.