1. Weedon D, Wilson B, Jones KB, et al. Care of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities: cerebral palsy. FP Essent 2015;439:26–30.
2. Shelley P, Edwards L, Jacob R. The potential benefits of PTH analogs in prevention of pathological fractures in cerebral palsy. J Child Dev Disord 2019;5:8.
3. Horwood L, Li P, Mok E, et al. A systematic review and meta-analysis of the prevalence of sleep problems in children with cerebral palsy: how do children with cerebral palsy differ from each other and from typically developing children? Sleep Health 2019;5:555–571.
4. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. The AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events: Rules, Terminology and Technical Specifications, Version 2.6. Darien, IL: American Academy of Sleep Medicine; 2020.
5. Young T, Palta M, Dempsey J, et al. Burden of sleep apnea: rationale, design, and major findings of the Wisconsin Sleep Cohort study. WMJ 2009;108:246–249.
6. Peppard PE, Young T, Barnet JH, et al. Increased prevalence of sleep-disordered breathing in adults. Am J Epidemiol 2013;177:1006–1014.
7. Redline S, Tishler PV, Hans G, et al. Racial differences in sleep-disordered breathing in African-Americans and Caucasians. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1997;155:186–192.
8. George CFP. Sleep apnea, alertness, and motor vehicle crashes. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2007;176:954–956.
9. Chen Y-H, Keller JK, Kang J-H, et al. Obstructive sleep apnea and the subsequent risk of depressive disorder: a population-based follow-up study. J Clin Sleep Med 2013;9:417–423.
10. Peppard PE, Szklo-Coxe M, Hla KM, et al. Longitudinal association of sleep-related breathing disorder and depression. Arch Intern Med 2006;166:1709–1715.
11. Yaggi HK, Concato J, Kernan WN, et al. Obstructive sleep apnea as a risk factor for stroke and death. N Engl J Med 2005;353:2034–2041.
12. Marin JM, Carrizo SJ, Vicente E, et al. Long-term cardiovascular outcomes in men with obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea with or without treatment with continuous positive airway pressure: an observational study. Lancet 2005;365:1046–1053.
13. Foster GD, Sanders MH, Millman R, et al. Obstructive sleep apnea among obese patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2009;32:1017–1019.
14. Mokhlesi B, Hovda MD, Vekhter B, et al. Sleep-disordered breathing and postoperative outcomes after elective surgery: analysis of the nationwide inpatient sample. Chest 2013;144:903–914.
15. Didden R, Korzilius H, van Aperlo B, et al. Sleep problems and daytime problem behaviours in children with intellectual disability. J Intellect Disabil Res 2002;46(Pt 7):537–547.
16. Fitzgerald DA, Follett J, Van Asperen PP. Assessing and managing lung disease and sleep disordered breathing in children with cerebral palsy. Paediatr Respir Rev 2009;10:18–24.
17. Rutz E, Brunner R. Management of spinal deformity in cerebral palsy: conservative treatment. J Child Orthop 2013;7:415–418.
18. Sewell MD, Wallace C, Malagelada F, et al. Does spinal fusion and scoliosis correction improve participation for children with GMFCS level 4 and 5 cerebral palsy? Medicine (Baltimore) 2015;94:e1907.
19. Hill CM, Parker RC, Allen P, et al. Sleep quality and respiratory function in children with severe cerebral palsy using night-time postural equipment: a pilot study. Acta Paediatr 2009;98:1809–1814.
20. Wilkinson JE, Culpepper L, Cerreto M. Screening tests for adults with intellectual disabilities. J Am Board Fam Med 2007;20:399–407.
21. Garcia J, Wical B, Wical W, et al. Obstructive sleep apnea in children with cerebral palsy and epilepsy. Dev Med Child Neurol 2016;58:1057–1062.
22. Tomkies A, Johnson RF, Shah G, et al. Obstructive sleep apnea in children with autism. J Clin Sleep Med 2019;15:1469–1476.
23. McDowell KM, Craven DI. Pulmonary complications of Down syndrome during childhood. J Pediatr 2011;158:319–325.
24. Ando N, Ueda S. Functional deterioration in adults with cerebral palsy. Clin Rehabil 2000;14:300–306.
25. Gajdosik CG, Cicirello N. Secondary conditions of the musculoskeletal system in adolescents and adults with cerebral palsy. Phys Occup Ther Pediatr 2001;21:49–68.
26. Reddihough DS, Baikie G, Walstab JE. Cerebral palsy in Victoria, Australia: mortality and causes of death. J Paediatr Child Health 2001;37:183–186.
27. Overeynder JC, Turk MA. Cerebral palsy and aging: a framework for promoting the health of older persons with cerebral palsy. Top Geriatr Rehabil 1998;13:19–24.
28. Epstein LJ, Kristo D, Strollo PJ Jr, et al. Clinical guideline for the evaluation, management and long-term care of obstructive sleep apnea in adults. J Clin Sleep Med 2009;5:263–276.
29. Marcus CL, Brooks LJ, Draper KA, et al. Diagnosis and management of childhood obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Pediatrics 2012;130:576–584.
30. Hartzell LD, Guillory RM, Munson PD, et al. Tongue base suspension in children with cerebral palsy and obstructive sleep apnea. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2013;77:534–537.
31. Hsiao KH, Nixon GM. The effect of treatment of obstructive sleep apnea on quality of life in children with cerebral palsy. Res Dev Disabil 2008;29:133–140.
32. Rotenberg BW, Murariu D, Pang KP. Trends in CPAP adherence over twenty years of data collection: a flattened curve. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2016;45:43.
33. Sawyer AM, Gooneratne NS, Marcus CL, et al. A systematic review of CPAP adherence across age groups: clinical and empiric insights for developing CPAP adherence interventions. Sleep Med Rev 2011;15:343–356.
34. Li H-Y, Engleman H, Hsu C-Y, et al. Acoustic reflection for nasal airway measurement in patients with obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome. Sleep 2005;28:1554–1559.
35. Ramirez A, Delord V, Khirani S, et al. Interfaces for long-term noninvasive positive pressure ventilation in children. Intensive Care Med 2012;38:655–662.
36. McCarty SF, Gaebler-Spira D, Harvey RL. Improvement of sleep apnea in a patient with cerebral palsy. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2001;80:540–542.
37. Yoshida K. Elastic retracted oral appliance to treat sleep apnea in mentally impaired patients and patients with neuromuscular disabilities. J Prosthet Dent 1999;81:196–201.
38. Giannasi LC, Matsui MY, Batista Freitas SR, et al. Effects of neuromuscular electrical stimulation on the masticatory muscles and physiologic sleep variables in adults with cerebral palsy: a novel therapeutic approach. PLoS One 2015;10:e0128959.
39. Amaddeo A, Frapin A, Fauroux B. Long-term non-invasive ventilation in children. Lancet Respir Med 2016;4:999–1008.
40. Ward S. Randomised controlled trial of non-invasive ventilation (NIV) for nocturnal hypoventilation in neuromuscular and chest wall disease patients with daytime normocapnia. Thorax 2005;60:1019–1024.