2. Meola G, Cardani R. Myotonic dystrophy type 2 and modifier genes: an update on clinical and pathomolecular aspects. Neurol Sci 2017;38:535-546.
3. Smith CA, Gutmann L. Myotonic dystrophy type 1 management and therapeutics. Curr Treat Options Neurol 2016;18:52.
4. Mathieu J, Allard P, Potvin L, et al. A 10-year study of mortality in a cohort of patients with myotonic dystrophy. Neurology 1999;52:1658-1662.
5. Peric M, Peric S, Rapajic N, et al. Multidimensional aspects of pain in myotonic dystrophies. Acta Myol 2015;34:126-132.
6. Suokas KI, Haanpää M, Kautiainen H, et al. Pain in patients with myotonic dystrophy type 2: a postal survey in Finland. Muscle Nerve 2012;45:70-74.
7. Gadalla SM, Lund M, Pfeiffer RM, et al. Cancer risk among patients with myotonic muscular dystrophy. JAMA 2011;306:2480-2486.
8. Ouyang L, Grosse SD, Fox MH, et al. A national profile of health care and family impacts of children with muscular dystrophy and special care needs in the United States. J Child Neurol 2012;27:569-576.
9. Mann JR, Royer JA, Mcdermott S, et al. Hospitalizations and emergency room visits for adolescents and young adults with muscular dystrophy living in South Carolina. Muscle Nerve 2015;52:714-721.
10. Ozturk OD, McDermott S, Mann JR, et al. Disparities in health care utilization by race among teenagers and young adults with muscular dystrophy. Med Care 2014;52:S32-S39.
11. Kenneson A, Vatave A, Finkel R. Widening gap in age at muscular dystrophy-associated death between blacks and whites, 1986-2005. Neurology 2010;7:982-989.
12. Dogan C, De Antonio M, Hamroun D, et al. Gender as a modifying factor influencing myotonic dystrophy type 1 phenotype severity and mortality: a nationwide multiple databases cross-sectional observational study. PloS One 2016;11:e0148264.
13. Iezzoni LI, Frakt AB, Pizer SD. Uninsured persons with disability confront substantial barriers to health care services. Disability Health J 2011;4:238-244.
14. Mahmoudi E, Meade MA. Disparities in access to health care among adults with physical disabilities: analysis of a representative national sample for a ten-year period. Disability Health J 2015;8:182-190.
15. Scheer J, Kroll T, Neri MT, et al. Access barriers for persons with disabilities: the consumer’s perspective. J Disabil Policy Stud 2003;13:221-230.
16. Lishner DM, Richardson M, Levine P, et al. Access to primary health care among persons with disabilities in rural areas: a summary of the literature. J Rural Health 1996;12:45-53.
17. Gulley S, Rasch E, Chan L. Difference, disparity, and disability: a comparison of health, insurance coverage, and health service use on the basis of race/ethnicity among US adults with disabilities, 2006-2008. Med Care 2014;52(10 suppl 3):S9-S16.
18. Peterson-Besse J, Walsh E, Horner-Johnson W, et al. Barriers to health care among people with disabilities who are members of underserved racial/ethnic groups: a scoping review of the literature. Med Care 2014;52(10 suppl 3):S51-S63.
19. Horner-Johnson W, Konrad D. Usual source of care and unmet health care needs: interaction of disability with race and ethnicity. Med Care 2014;52(10 suppl 3):S40-S50.
20. Ouyang L, Grosse SD, Kenneson A. Health care utilization and expenditures for children and young adults with muscular dystrophy in a privately insured population. J Child Neurol 2008;23:883-888.
21. Royer JA, Hardin JW, McDermott S, et al. Use of state administrative data sources to study adolescents and young adults with rare conditions. J Gen Intern Med 2014;29:732-738.
23. Hahn C, Salajegheh MK. Myotonic disorders: a review article. Iran J Neurol 2016;15:46-53.
25. Montagnese F, Mondello S, Wenninger S, et al. Assessing the influence of age and gender on the phenotype of myotonic dystrophy type 2. J Neurol 2017;264:2472-2480.
26. Scott IA. Chronic disease management: a primer for physicians. Intern Med J 2008;38:427-437.
27. Adams SG, Smith PK, Allan PF, et al. Systematic review of the chronic care model in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease prevention and management. Arch Intern Med 2007;167:551-561.
28. Damery S, Flanagan S, Combes G. Does integrated care reduce hospital activity for patients with chronic diseases? An umbrella review of systematic reviews. BMJ Open 2016;6:e011952.