Our purpose is to provide a forum to plan and design new educational activities for physicians-in-training with a focus on:
- Multi-disciplinary networking;
- Collaborative, low-stress environment surrounded by peers;
- New ideas from new physicians to new physicians;
- Education and research emphasis, without any political endorsements;
- Incorporating physician-to-physician communication/networking early for continued collaboration;
- Spreading best practices between sixteen regional states and the District of Columbia for improved quality patient care;
- Enhancing leadership strategies and skills;
- Support the future of medical education in the South.
ICYMI (In Case You Missed it!)
Abstracts from the Inaugural Physicians-in-Training Leadership Conference are now available to view!
PIT Abstract Competition Opportunities:
Spring and Fall
We continue to invite new members to the group, and YOUR help is greatly appreciated! This is a link to our “Outreach” working documents. It is our goal to reach out to all medical schools within our territory (16 Southern states and DC). If you are willing to assist, click the link to review schools that need to be contacted. We have also created a template for extending the invitation!
What is SMA’s Mentoring Program?
The SMA PIT Mentorship Program aims to foster development and growth of both established-physician or physician-in-training mentors and physician-in-training mentees through promoting genuine long-term relationships between individuals with differing levels of experience in the medical field. The SMA is the perfect environment for such a program, given that its membership is not limited by specialty or by level of training.
A Day in the Life Podcast Series
We are looking for students and residents to present interactive online podcasts! The theme is “A Day in the Life,” and the stipulation is that it must relate to an experience as a medical student or resident. Content examples include interesting daily routines, involvement with community outreach projects, best practices, wellness and emotional health as related to being a student/resident, a valuable resource or tip, unexpected experiences, or just about anything of educational value. Do you have something to share or know someone who can contribute?
The sessions are recorded and made available on our group’s YouTube channel!
Meet the Committee Members
Natalie Weiss, BA, BS
DO, IM PGY2
Sangeetha Isaac, MD
Mohammed Afraz Pasha, MD
Andrew Sephien, MD
MD, MBA, MS