1. Targan SR, Hanauer SB, van Deventer SJ, et al. A short-term study of chimeric monoclonal antibody cA2 to tumor necrosis factor alpha for Crohn’s disease. Crohn’s Disease cA2 Study Group. N Engl J Med 1997;337:1029-1035.
2. Present DH, Rutgeerts P, Targan S, et al. Infliximab for the treatment of fistulas in patients with Crohn’s disease. N Engl J Med 1999;340:1398-1405.
3. Hanauer SB, Feagan BG, Lichtenstein GR, et al. Maintenance infliximab for Crohn’s disease: the ACCENT I randomised trial. Lancet 2002;359:1541-1549.
4. Rutgeerts P, Sandborn WJ, Feagan BG, et al. Infliximab for induction and maintenance therapy for ulcerative colitis. N Engl J Med 2005;353:2462-2476.
5. Jarnerot G, Hertervig E, Friis-Liby I, et al. Infliximab as rescue therapy in severe to moderately severe ulcerative colitis: a randomized, placebo-controlled study. Gastroenterology 2005;128:1805-1811.
6. Lacruz-Guzman D1, Torres-Moreno D, PedreroF, et al. Influence of polymorphisms and TNF and IL1 serum concentration on the infliximab response in Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2013;69:431-438.
7. Niess JH, Klaus J, Stephani J, et al. NOD2 polymorphism predicts response to treatment in Crohn’s disease–first steps to a personalized therapy. Dig Dis Sci 2012;57:879-886.
8. Lopez-Hernandez R, Valdes M, Campillo JA, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-) promoter gene and response to TNF- inhibitors in Spanish patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Int J Immunogenet 2014;41:63-68.
9. Ruemmele FM, Targan SR, Levy G, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of serological assays in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterology 1998;115:822-829.
10. Quinton JF, Sendid B, Reumaux D, et al. Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae mannan antibodies combined with antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies in inflammatory bowel disease: prevalence and diagnostic role. Gut 1998;42:788-791.
11. Hoffenberg EJ, Fidanza S, Sauaia A. Serologic testing for inflammatory bowel disease. J Pediatr 1999;134:447-452.
12. Duerr RH, Targan SR, Landers CJ, et al. Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies in ulcerative colitis. Comparison with other colitides/diarrheal illnesses. Gastroenterology 1991;100:1590-1596.
13. Dubinsky M. Can serologic markers help determine prognosis and guide therapy? Dig Dis. 2010;28:424-428.
14. Cambridge G, Rampton DS, Stevens TR, et al. Anti-neutrophil antibodies in inflammatory bowel disease: prevalence and diagnostic role. Gut 1992;33:668-674.
15. Thomas BH, Ciliska D, Dobbins M, et al. A process for systematically reviewing the literature: providing the research evidence for public health nursing interventions. Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 2004;1:176-184.
16. Armijo-Olivo S, Stiles CR, Hagen NA, et al. Assessment of study quality for systematic reviews: a comparison of the Cochrane Collaboration Risk of Bias Tool and the Effective Public Health Practice Project Quality Assessment Tool: methodological research. J Eval Clin Pract 2012;18:12-18.
17. Esters N, Vermeire S, Joossens S, et al. Serological markers for prediction of response to anti-tumor necrosis factor treatment in Crohn’s disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2002;97:1458-1462.
18. Ferrante M, Vermeire S, Katsanos KH, et al. Predictors of early response to infliximab in patients with ulcerative colitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2007;13:123-128.
19. Taylor KD, Plevy SE, Yang H, et al. ANCA pattern and LTA haplotype relationship to clinical responses to anti-TNF antibody treatment in Crohn’s disease. Gastroenterology 2001;120:1347-1355.
20. Kevans D, Murthy S, Iacono A, et al. Accelerated clearance of serum infliximab during induction therapy for acute ulcerative colitis is associated with treatment failure. Gastroenterology 2012;142:S384-S385.
21. Cornillie F, Hanauer SB, Diamond RH, et al. Postinduction serum infliximab trough level and decrease of C-reactive protein level are associated with durable sustained response to infliximab: a retrospective analysis of the ACCENT I trial. Gut 2014;63:1721-1727.
22. Pallagi-Kunstar E, Farkas K, Szepes Z, et al. Utility of serum TNF-, infliximab trough level, and antibody titers in inflammatory bowel disease. World J Gastroenterol 2014;20:5031-5035.