1. Wang D, Hu B, Hu C, et al. Clinical characteristics of 138 hospitalized patients with 2019 novel coronavirus–infected pneumonia in Wuhan, China. JAMA 2020;323:1061–1069.
3. Guan W-J, Ni Z-Y, Hu Y, et al. Clinical characteristics of coronavirus disease 2019 in China. N Engl J Med 2020;382:1708–1720.
4. Wu Z, McGoogan JM. Characteristics of and important lessons from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak in China: summary of a report of 72 314 cases from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. JAMA 2020;323:1239–1242.
5. Huang C, Wang Y, Li X, et al. Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China. Lancet 2020;395:497–506.
6. Pan L, Mu M, Yang P, et al. Clinical characteristics of COVID-19 patients with digestive symptoms in Hubei, China: a descriptive, cross-sectional, multicenter study. Am J Gastroenterol 2020;115:766–773.
7. Richardson S, Hirsch JS, Narasimhan M, et al. Presenting characteristics, comorbidities, and outcomes among 5700 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in the New York City area. JAMA 2020;323:2052–2059.
8. Karrasch C, Gallo RA. The acutely injured knee. Med Clin North Am 2014; 98:719–736.
9. Greenhalgh T, Koh GCH, Car J. Covid-19: a remote assessment in primary care. Br Med J 2020;368:m1182.
10. Moore C, Wisnivesky J, Williams S, et al. Medical errors related to discontinuity of care from an inpatient to an outpatient setting. J Gen Intern Med 2003;18:646–651.
12. Misky GJ, Wald HL, Coleman EA. Post-hospitalization transitions: examining the effects of timing of primary care provider follow-up. J Hosp Med 2010;5: 392–397.
13. Salama C, Han J, Yau L, et al. Tocilizumab in patients hospitalized with Covid-19 pneumonia. N Engl J Med 2021;384:20–30.
14. Kalil AC, Patterson TF, Mehta AK, et al. Baricitinib plus remdesivir for hospitalized adults with Covid-19. N Engl J Med 2021;384:795–807.
15. Bikdeli B, Madhavan MV, Jimenez D, et al. COVID-19 and Thrombotic or Thromboembolic Disease: Implications for Prevention, Antithrombotic Therapy, and Follow-up. J Am Coll Cardiol 2020;75:2950–2973.
17. Zhou B, She J, Wang Y, et al. The duration of viral shedding of discharged patients with severe COVID-19. Clin Infect Dis 2020;71:2240–2242.
19. Bikdeli B, Madhavan MV, Jimenez D, et al. COVID-19 and thrombotic or thromboembolic disease: implications for prevention, antithrombotic therapy, and follow-up: JACC state-of-the-art review. J Am Coll Cardiol 2020;75: 2950–2973.
20. Moores LK, Tritschler T, Brosnahan S, et al. Prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of VTE in patients with coronavirus disease 2019. Chest 2020; 158:1143–1163.
23. Gupta AK, Jneid H, Addison D, et al. Current perspectives on coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) and cardiovascular disease: a white paper by the JAHA editors. J Am Heart Assoc. 2020;9:e017013.
26. Parker A, Sricharoenchai T, Raparla S, et al. Posttraumatic stress disorder in critical illness survivors: a metaanalysis. Crit Care Med 2015;43:1121–1129.
27. Portnoy J, Waller M, Elliott T. Telemedicine in the Era of COVID-19. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2020;8:1489–1491.
28. Jordan TB, Meyers CL, Schrading WA, et al. The utility of iPhone oximetry apps: a comparison with standard pulse oximetry measurement in the emergency department. Am J Emerg Med 2020;38:925–928.
29. Johns Hopkins COVID Ambulatory Response Team. COVID Ambulatory Response Team Triage Management Protocol. Internal report. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins Hospital; 2020.
31. Zhou F, Yu T, Du R, et al. Clinical course and risk factors for mortality of adult inpatients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet 2020;395:1054–1062.
32. Owusu D, Pomeroy MA, Lewis NM, et al. Persistent SARS-CoV-2 RNA Shedding Without Evidence of Infectiousness: a Cohort Study of Individuals With COVID-19. J Infect Dis. 2021. doi:10.1093/infdis/jiab107external icon.
33. van Kampen JJ, van de Vijver DA, Fraaij PL, et al. Duration and key determinants of infectious virus shedding in hospitalized patients with coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19). Nat Commun 2021;12:1–6.