2. Wooten JM. Rules for improving pharmacotherapy in older adult patients: part 1 (rules 1-5). South Med J 2015;108:97-104.
3. Wooten JM. Pharmacotherapy considerations in elderly adults. South Med J 2012;105:437-445.
4. Wooten J, Galavis J. Polypharmacy. Keeping the elderly safe. RN 2005;68:44-50.
6. Bressler R, Bahl JJ. Principles of drug therapy for the elderly patient. Mayo Clin Proc 2003;78:1564-1577.
7. Sieck GC. Physiology of aging. J Appl Physiol (1985) 2003;95:1333-1334.
8. Seward JB. Physiological aging: window of opportunity. J Am Coll Cardiol 2011;4:243-245.
9. Kim J, Mak M. Geriatric drug use. In: Koda-Kimble MR, Young LY, Alldredge BK, et al. (eds): Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs 9th ed. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009:99-1-99-20.
10. Starner CI, Gray SL, et al. Geriatrics. In: DiPiro JT, Talbert RL, Yee GC, et al. (eds): Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach. 7th ed. New York, McGraw-Hill, 2011:57-66.
11. Pham CB, Dickman RL. Minimizing adverse drug events in older patients. Am Fam Physician 2007;76:1837-1844.
12. American Geriatrics Society 2012 Beers Criteria Update Expert Panel. American Geriatrics Society updated Beers criteria for potentially inappropriate medication use in older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc 2012;60:616-631.
13. Hamilton H, Gallagher P, Ryan C, et al. Potentially inappropriate medications defined by STOPP criteria and the risk of adverse drug events in older hospitalized patients. Arch Intern Med 2011;171:1013-1019.
14. Fanciullo GJ, Washington T. Best practices to reduce the risk of drug-drug interactions: opportunities for managed care. Am J Manag Care 2011;17(Suppl 11):S299-S304.
15. Priddle M. Drug-related problems in the elderly. Pharmawise 2011;6:2.
16. Mallet L, Spinewine A, Huang A. The challenge of managing drug interactions in elderly people. Lancet 2007;370:185-191.
19. Walston J, Hadley EC, Ferrucci L, et al. Research agenda for frailty in older adults: toward a better understanding of physiology and etiology: summary from the American Geriatrics Society/National Institute on Aging Research Conference on Frailty in Older Adults. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006;54:991-1001.
20. Fogel RW. Changes in the Physiology of Aging During the Twentieth Century NBER work paper series 11233. Cambridge, MA, National Bureau of Economic Research, 2005.
21. Pfaff H, Driller E, Ernsmann N, et al. Standardization through individualization in care for the elderly: proactive behavior through individualized standardization. Open Longev Sci 2010;4:51-57.
22. Jose J. Promoting drug safety in elderlyVneeds a proactive approach. Indian J Med Res 2012;136:362-364.
23. Robinson TE, White GL, Houchins JC. Improving communication with older patients: tips from the literature. Fam Pract Manag 2006;13:73-78.
28. Kocurek B. Promoting medication adherence in older adults . . . and the rest of us. Diabetes Spectrum 2009;22:80-84.
29. Wolfe SM, Sasich LO, Lurie P. Worst Pills, Best Pills: A Consumer’s Guide to Avoiding Drug-Induced Death or Illness New York, Simon & Schuster, 2005.