1. US Department of Health and Human Services. Put Prevention Into Practice: Clinician’s Handbook of Preventive Services. 2nd ed. Washington, US Govt Printing Office, 1998 pp 303–306.
2. Maugeri D, Russo MS, Carnazzo G, et al. Altered laboratory thyroid parameters indicating hyperthyroidism in elderly subjects. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 1996;22:145–153.
3. Kennedy JW, Caro JF. The ABC of managing hyperthyroidism in the older patient. Geriatrics1996;51:22–32.
4. Barzel US. Hypothyroidism: diagnosis and management. Clin Geriatr Med 1995;11:239–249.
5. Heitman B, Irizary A. Hypothyroidism: common complaints, perplexing diagnosis. Nurse Pract1995;20:54–56, 58–60.
6. Johnson JL, Felicetta JV. Hypothyroidism: a comprehensive review. J Am Acad Nurs Pract1992;4:131–138.
7. Mintzer MJ, Cattan R. Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism in the elderly. J Fla Med Assoc1992;79:231–235.
8. Stoffer SS, Szpunar WE. Thyroid disease in elderly. Postgrad Med 1988;84:133–138.
9. Griffin MA, Solomon DH. Hyperthyroidism in the elderly. J Am Geriatr Soc 1986;34:887–892.
10. Figge HL, Figge J. Effects of amiodarone on thyroid hormone function: review of physiology and clinical manifestations. J Clin Pharmacol 1990;30:588–595.
11. Khaira JS, Franklin JA. Thyroid disease in older patients. Practitioner 1999;243:214–8, 221.
12. Davis PJ, Davis FB. Hypothyroidism in elderly. Comprehens Ther 1984;10:17–23.
13. Aronow WS. The heart and thyroid disease. Clin Geriatr Med 1995;11:219–229.
14. Green YB, Robinson B. Elderly patients with tremors and depression. Hosp Pract 1985;20:68c–68d.
15. Tapp A. Affective cycling in thyroid disease. J Clin Psychiatry 1998;49:199–200.
16. Felicetta JV. The aging thyroid: its effects and how it affects diagnosis and therapy. Consultant1996;36:837–838, 840, 843–845.
17. Federman DD. Endocrinology, in Dale DC, et al (ed): Scientific American Medicine. New York, Scientific American Medicine, 1978–1999, pp 2–25.
18. Ellyin F, Fuh C. Hypothyroidism with angina pectoris. Postgrad Med 1986;79:93–98.
19. Singer PA, Cooper DS, Levy EG, et al. Treatment guidelines for patients with hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. JAMA 1995;273:808–812.
20. Ladenson PW. Recognition and management of cardiovascular disease related to thyroid dysfunction. Am J Med 19990;88:638–641.
21. Helfand M, Crapo LM. Monitoring therapy in patients taking levothyroxine. Ann Intern Med1990;113:450–454.
22. Czenis AL. Thyroid diseases in the elderly. Adv Nurse Pract 1999;7:38–44.
23. Gambert SR. Atypical presentation of thyroid disease in elderly. Geriatrics 1985;40:63–69.
24. Meneilly GS. Should subclinical hypothyroidism in elderly patients be treated? CMAT 2005;172:633.
25. Finucane P, Rudra T, Church H, et al. Thyroid function tests in elderly patients with and without acute illness. Age Ageing 1998;18:398–402.
26. Mokshagundum SP, Barzel US. Thyroid disease in the elderly. J Am Geriatrics Soc 1993;41:1361–1369.
27. Isley WL. Thyroid dysfunction in the severely ill and elderly: forget the classic signs and symptoms.Postgrad Med 1993;94:111–118, 127–128, 139–140.
28. Iverson K. Thyrotoxicosis in aged individuals. J Gerontol 1953;8:65.
29. Ronnov-Jessen V, Kirkegaard C. Hyperthyroidism: a disease of old age? Br Med J 1973;1:41.
30. Gambert SR. Hyperthyroidism in the elderly. Clin Geriatr Med 1995;11:181–188.
31. Henschke PJ. When to suspect thyroid disease in the elderly. Geriatrics 1982;37:125–129.
32. Somerville W, Levine SA. Angina pectoris and thyrotoxicosis. Br Heart J 1950;12:245.
33. Federman DD. Hyperthyroidism in geriatric population. Hosp Pract 1991;26:61–76.
34. Waldenstrom J. Acute thyrotoxic myopathy: its causes and treatment. Acta Med Scand1945;121:251.
35. Seed L, Lindsay AM. Hyperthyroidism in the aged- a review of 100 cases over 60 years of age.Geriatrics 1949;4:136.
36. Bartels EC, Kingsley JW Jr. Hyperthyroidism in patients over sixty. Geriatrics 1949;4:333.
37. Bartels EC. Hyperthyroidism in patients over 65. Geriatrics 1965;20:459.
38. Lloyd WH. Some clinical features of hyper- and hypothyroidism in the elderly. Gerontol Clin1967;9:337.
39. Nordyke RA, Gilbert FI, Harada ASM. Graves’ disease: influence of age in clinical findings. Arch Intern Med 1988;148:626–631.
40. Lahey FA. Non activated (apathetic) type of hyperthyroidism. N Engl J Med 1937;204:747.
41. Salzman C. Shader RI. Depression in the elderly. J Am Geriatrics Soc 1978;26:253.
42. Gregerman RI, Gaffney GW, Shock NW. Thyroxine turnover in euthyroid man with special reference to changes with age. J Clin Invest 1962;41:2065.
43. Simmons RJ, Mani A, et al. Free triiodothyronine toxicosis in a patient with multinodular goiter. Am J Med 1990;88:689–692.
44. Phillips PJ, Tallis GA, Popplewell PY. Never too old for thyroid problems. Aust Fam Physician1999;28:163–164