1. Siegel RL, Miller KD, Fuchs HE, et al. Cancer statistics, 2021. CA Cancer J Clin 2021;71:7–33.
2. Henley SJ, Miller JW, Dowling NF, et al. Uterine cancer incidence and mortality - United States, 1999-2016. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2018;67:1333–1338.
3. Brooks RA, Fleming GF, Lastra RR, et al. Current recommendations and recent progress in endometrial cancer. CA Cancer J Clin 2019;69:258–279.
4. Kurman R, Carcangiu M, Herrington S, et al, eds. World Health Organization Classification of Tumours of Female Reproductive Organs. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2014.
5. Braun MM, Overbeek-Wager EA, Grumbo RJ. Diagnosis and management of endometrial cancer. Am Fam Physician 2016;93:468–474.
6. Shaw E, Farris M, McNeil J, et al. Obesity and endometrial cancer. Recent Results Cancer Res 2016;208:107–136.
7. America’s Health Rankings. Minnetonka, MN: United Health Foundation; 2019.
8. Kentucky Department of Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Kentucky Cancer Registry, 1994-2017. https://www.kcr.uky.edu/
. Accessed August 8, 2021.
9. Silva SR, Gaskins JT, Nichols MR, et al. Cervical cancer incidence and mortality rates in Kentucky. Gynecol Oncol 2020;158:446–451.
10. Ingram DD, Franco SJ. 2013 NCHS urban-rural classification scheme for counties. Vital Health Stat 2014;2:1–73.
11. Rice EL, Patel M, Serrano KJ, et al. Beliefs About behavioral determinants of obesity in Appalachia, 2011-2014. Public Health Rep 2018;133:379–384.
13. R Core Development Team. A language and environment for statistical computing R Foundation for Statistical Computing. https://www.r-project.org/
. Accessed August 8, 2021.
14. Trivedi T, Liu J, Probst J, et al. Obesity and obesity-related behaviors among rural and urban adults in the USA. Rural Remote Health 2015;15:3267.
15. McDonald ME, Bender DP: Endometrial cancer: obesity, genetics, and targeted agents. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 2019;46:89–105.
16. Johnson MS, Tucker TC, Chen Q, et al. Uterine corpus malignancies in Appalachia Kentucky: incidence, survival, and related health disparities. South Med J 2020;113:29–36.
17. DeSantis CE, Miller KD, Goding Sauer A, et al. Cancer statistics for African Americans, 2019. CA Cancer J Clin 2019;69:211–233.
18. Fryar CD, Carroll MD, Afful J. Prevalence of overweight, obesity, and severe obesity among adults aged 20 and over. NCHS Health E-Stats. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2020.
19. Sud S, Holmes J, Eblan M, et al. Clinical characteristics associated with racial disparities in endometrial cancer outcomes: a surveillance, epidemiology and end results analysis. Gynecol Oncol 2018;148:349–356.
20. Donkers H, Bekkers R, Massuger L, et al. Socioeconomic deprivation and survival in endometrial cancer: the effect of BMI. Gynecol Oncol 2020; 156:178–184.
21. Afshin A, Reitsma MB, Murray CJL. Health effects of overweight and obesity in 195 countries. N Engl J Med 2017;377:1496–1497.
23. Creutzberg CL, Nout RA, Lybeert ML, et al. Fifteen-year radiotherapy outcomes of the randomized PORTEC-1 trial for endometrial carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011;81:e631–e638.
24. Wortman BG, Creutzberg CL, Putter H, et al. Ten-year results of the PORTEC-2 trial for high-intermediate risk endometrial carcinoma: improving patient selection for adjuvant therapy. Br J Cancer 2018;119:1067–1074.
25. Keys HM, Roberts JA, Brunetto VL, et al. A phase III trial of surgery with or without adjunctive external pelvic radiation therapy in intermediate risk endometrial adenocarcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol 2004;92:744–751.
26. Harkenrider MM, Block AM, Alektiar KM, et al. American Brachytherapy Task Group Report: adjuvant vaginal brachytherapy for early-stage endometrial cancer: a comprehensive review. Brachytherapy 2017;16:95–108.
27. Matei D, Filiaci V, Randall ME, et al. Adjuvant chemotherapy plus radiation for locally advanced endometrial cancer. N Engl J Med 2019;380:2317–2326.
28. de Boer SM, Powell ME, Mileshkin L, et al. Adjuvant chemoradiotherapy versus radiotherapy alone in women with high-risk endometrial cancer (PORTEC-3): patterns of recurrence and post-hoc survival analysis of a randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol 2019;20:1273–1285.
29. Sturdza A, Viswanathan AN, Erickson B, et al. American Brachytherapy Society working group report on the patterns of care and a literature review of reirradiation for gynecologic cancers. Brachytherapy 2020;19:127–138.
30. Ryan NAJ, Blake D, Cabrera-Dandy M, et al. The prevalence of Lynch syndrome in women with endometrial cancer: a systematic review protocol. Syst Rev 2018;7:121.
31. Washington CR, Haggerty A, Ronner W, et al. Knowledge of endometrial cancer risk factors in a general gynecologic population. Gynecol Oncol 2020; 158:137–142.
32. Goodwin PJ, Chlebowski RT. Obesity and cancer: insights for clinicians. J Clin Oncol 2016;34:4197–4202.
33. Connor EV, Raker CA, Clark MA, et al. Obesity risk awareness in women with endometrial cancer. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2017;295:965–969.
34. Haggerty AF, Hagemann A, Barnett M, et al. A randomized, controlled, multicenter study of technology-based weight loss interventions among endometrial cancer survivors. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2017;25(suppl 2): S102–S108.
35. Sekhon S, Massad LS, Hagemann AR, et al. Patients with endometrial cancer continue to lack understanding of their risks for cancer. Gynecol Oncol Rep 2019;29:106–110.
36. Stegenga H, Haines A, Jones K, et al. Identification, assessment, and management of overweight and obesity: summary of updated NICE guidance. BMJ 2014; 349:g6608.
37. Park HY, Jung WS, Kim J, et al. Changes in the paradigm of traditional exercise in obesity therapy and application of a new exercise modality: a narrative review article. Iran J Public Health 2019;48: 1395–1404.
38. Clark LH, Ko EM, Kernodle A, et al. Endometrial cancer survivors' perceptions of provider obesity counseling and attempted behavior change: are we seizing the moment? Int J Gynecol Cancer 2016;26:318–324.