SMA Members Approve Changes to Bylaws
The SMA membership recently voted on and approved changes to the Association’s Bylaws; these changes addressed:
- International Membership: Approval is required by the SMA Board of Directors
- Committee Name Change: Membership Committee to Outreach Committee
- Committee Member Approval: Calls to Committee are no longer necessary to be considered for appointment
- Creation of the Awards and Scholarships Committee: This Committee will oversee policies and procedures related to awards and scholarships
- Revisions to the Creation of Ad Hoc Committees: These Committees may be created by the SMA Board of Directors
“As an association, it is important to regularly review our Bylaws to ensure we are operating at an optimal level of efficiency and providing the best service possible to our members,” said SMA Executive Director Randy Glick. “We appreciate our membership taking the time to review and approve the proposed changes and believe these revisions will result in improved operations and member offerings."
To view the Resolution, click here.