Welcome to the Southern Medical Association!
On behalf of the Southern Medical Association, I would like to thank you for taking an interest in SMA, either as someone who is exploring the Association’s value through the online access of a free registration or as a member who is taking advantage of SMA’s extensive benefits.
SMA promotes the health of patients through advocacy, leadership, education, and service. As a truly non-political association, SMA is proud to allow an unbiased focus in the development of educational learning and procurement of products and services for its members.
Benefits of SMA Membership Include:
- AirMed Traveler Program: With state-of-the-art medical jets, AirMed is equipped to pick members up from any hospital around the world and transport them to the hospital of their choice. As a dues paying member, you are automatically enrolled in the AirMed Traveler program at no cost to you.
- SMA Services, Inc. Insurance and Retirement: Insurance products range from medical and dental coverage to liability and disability coverage, with retirement products including profit sharing and 401k plans.
- Southern Medical Journal: Your membership includes an annual online subscription to the Southern Medical Journal, the SMA’s flagship publication. The SMJ has a multidisciplinary focus covering a vast array of topics. Visit the SMJ site and sign up for the monthly eTOC (Electronic Table of Contents) Alerts.
- SMArt Education: Access to the SMA online Education Center includes a wide array of topics for immediate learning, as well as registration access for any of SMA’s upcoming live conferences. Member discounts are available.
- Discounts on live events, products and services: SMA conferences and training opportunities give you the time, resources and training you need to acquire new skill sets and tackle new developments in the field of medicine.
To review and compare the various SMA membership levels, please click here. To access a complete list of membership benefits, please click here. Upon review of this information, I hope you find SMA membership to be an invaluable investment of your time and money. Should you have any questions, a Member Services Representative will be glad to assist you. Please do not hesitate to call (800) 423-4992, ext. 640 to speak with Vonette Scott or Vicki Johnson.