Long Term Disability Insurance
The principle of long-term disability insurance is simple enough–you pay premiums and if you become disabled and are no longer able to work, your policy supplements your lost income.As with life insurance, it’s often a smart way to make sure you and your family (or financial dependents) are protected if the worst happens.
You do need to pay attention to the details with long-term disability insurance as there are various caveats to an LTD policy. For instance, payout options, waiting periods, benefit periods, reduction by deductible income to name just a few. Our LTD professionals understand the details and nuances of selecting a long-term disability policy and they are here to help you.
SMA has worked alongside The Standard Insurance Company for over 15 years to offer Group Insurance coverage to SMA members and their staff. The Standard has maintained an “A” rating or higher from A.M. Best Company since 1928.
- Multiple Waiting Period Options;
- Apply for any multiple of $500, from $2,000 to $20,000;
- LTD Coverage is Extended to Physicians and Staff*.
- Physicians may purchase up to 80% of Income Protection;
- Association Member Discount Applied;
- Rich Physician Contract with up to $20K** Monthly Benefit Available.