Why Advertise with SMA?
The Southern Medical Association was founded in 1906 as a scientific body of physicians dedicated to fostering the art and science of medicine through education. SMA Members’ commitment to multidisciplinary, interprofessional education has endured for more than 100 years.
Since 1906, members have supported SMA’s mission through membership, donations, publishing, speaking, or directing educational programming. This support has been used to create thousands of hours of educational programming, the publication of more than 45,000 scientific peer-reviewed articles in the Southern Medical Journal, and investments of millions of dollars supporting scientific research grants and medical student scholarships.
SMA is an accredited provider of continuing medical education (CME). SMA has been surveyed by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and awarded accreditation with commendation for 6 years… for the second time in a row! As such we promote and sell education both live and online.
Our primary educational products are our four big conferences; Annual Scientific Assembly, Female Patient/Women’s Health, Medical Dilemmas in Patient Care, Southern Region Burn.
These conferences are hosted at resorts, hotels and other venues suitable to handle them. These products are available to all healthcare professionals (members and customers) through live attendance, webcast (online live), and online (on-demand).
Members receive discounts, customers pay full price.
The Southern Medical Journal is the official, peer-reviewed journal of the Southern Medical Association. It has a multidisciplinary and interprofessional focus that covers a broad range of topics relevant to physicians and other healthcare specialists, including medicine; surgery; women’s and children’s health; mental health; emergency and disaster medicine; public health and environmental medicine; bioethics and medical education; and quality health care, patient safety, and best practices.
The SMJ is available; free to members, or for separate purchase sale to customers.
Additionally individual issues and individual articles (premium content) can be purchased by customers separate from membership.
SMA is a member association comprised primarily of physicians but also include allied health care providers or many kinds. Our member are classified as “dues paying” and “non-dues paying”. Non-dues paying are members who have been exempt from paying dues for various reasons.
SMA’s primary footprint includes Alabama, Arkansas, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia. Although this region comprises our membership, SMA customers are worldwide.
1. All advertisements are subject to approval of the Southern Medical Association (SMA) which reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement at any time.
2. All ad sales must be prepaid. No advertising will be published prior to approved payment.
3. Advertising is separate from content. Advertisers and sponsors have no advance knowledge of content, nor do the editors shape content to accommodate advertising. SMA will not sell advertising for a specific product on the condition that it appear in the same location, and at the same time, as a specific article mentioning that product, unless clearly labeled as an exclusive sponsor. Advertisers do not influence any of SMA’s content decisions or advertising policies.
4. The appearance of advertising on the SMA Network or in any publications is neither a guarantee nor an endorsement by the Association, or editorial partner of the product, service, or company and claims made in such advertising.
5. Advertising that appears on any SMA Network website and in the e-mail service will be clearly distinguishable from editorial content.
6. B anner advertising is not sold or purchased based on editorial adjacency. Ads are delivered randomly throughout the site and constantly change; therefore, the adjacency of an advertisement to editorial mention of product or category can occur inadvertently and infrequently.
7. Ads served by SMA’s ad server are established within the zone space and intervals advertised; however, the actual display of ads is at random and subject to each user’s browser, computer settings, and applications. Because of this, SMA in no way guarantees ads will be displayed.
8. S MA’s advertising sales representatives have neither control over, nor prior knowledge of, specific editorial content before it is published.
9. Advertisers have no control or influence over the results of searches a user may conduct on the SMA Network. Search results are based solely on the functionality available through SMA’s search software (eg, keywords or natural language) and user-defined criteria (e.g., displaying most recent or most relevant items first)
10. All advertisements are accepted and published by SMA on the warranty of the agency and advertiser that both are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter of the advertisement.
11. In consideration of publication of an advertisement, the advertiser and the agency, jointly and severally, agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Publisher, its officers, agents, and employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the contents of the advertisement, including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of privacy, copyright infringement or plagiarism.
12. SMA shall not be liable for any failure to publish any advertisement accepted; however, SMA shall use its reasonable efforts to place such advertisement in subsequent available space.
13. All advertisements must clearly and prominently identify the advertiser by trademark or signature.
14. Any reference to SMA or its products or services in advertisements, promotional material, or merchandising by the advertiser or the agency is subject to the SMA’s prior written approval for each such use.
15. All advertising contract position clauses are treated as requests. Since advertising inventory constantly changes, SMA cannot guarantee fixed positioning, unless otherwise indicated as exclusive sponsorship.
16. SMA is not responsible for any damages, including but not limited to actual, direct, incidental or consequential damages, for errors in displaying an ad.
17. SMA may change the terms set forth herein at any time, provided that no such change applies to ads whose closing date precedes the announcement of the change.
18. SMA will not be bound by any condition, printed or otherwise, appearing on any insertion order or copy instructions when such conditions conflict with the conditions set forth in this policy statement.
19. In the event of nonpayment, SMA reserves the right to hold advertiser and/or its advertising agency liable for such monies as are due and payable to SMA.
20. Any use of publication trademarks or copyrighted material for links to and from the website must be approved, in advance, by SMA. Any such unauthorized linking is prohibited.
21. SMA does not endorse or support any product or organization linked to SMA Network websites nor is SMA responsible for the content of any website promoted in an advertisement published on the SMA Network.
22. Recruitment ads: All advertisements for employment must be nondiscriminatory and comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Ads that discriminate against applicants based on sex, age, race, religion, marital status, or physical handicap will not be accepted. Non-US recruitment advertisers are required to confirm in writing that they are equal opportunity employers.
23. Advertised products must be compliant with the regulations in the country where the advertisement will be seen. Advertisements for pharmaceutical products (including new drug application [NDA] products) that are subject to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversight must comply with FDA regulations regarding advertising and promotion.
24. Advertiser links to other websites cannot prevent a user from easily returning to SMA Network websites.
25. SMA does not release personally identifiable data on the users of our websites or email service to advertisers.
26. Online advertisers may receive reports that show aggregated data about response to their advertisements, including but not limited to the number of ad impressions and the number of times an advertisement was clicked.
27. Road blocking and sponsorship of the site and/or sections is available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information and availability.
The Pulse is the association’s monthly newsletter emailed to all members, nonmembers and past meeting attendees.
Advertising rate: $300/month or $3000 for a full year.
The SMJ eTOC is the Southern Medical Journal’s monthly table of contents (article titles and categories) emailed to all members, nonmembers and past meeting attendees.
Advertising rate: is $300/month or $3000 for a full year.
Talk to us about sponsoring a particular section of the website, a blog category, one of the 8 areas of concentration, a conference, a lecture series, a certification, an email newsletter, or an educational program.
Meet, connect, and begin building relationships immediately with current customers and new prospects as an exhibitor during an SMA conference. Promote new products and gain feedback from current product users.
More than half of our attendees (approximately 80%) are physicians. Of the physicians, about 70% of the attendees are internal medicine/primary care practitioners, 30% are specialists. The other 20% are comprised of RNs, NPs, PAs, etc.
Impact your bottom line directly – 65% of physicians surveyed at our meetings stated their purchasing or prescribing habits would change based on information received from exhibitors.
Have a unique idea or way to market your company or product - work with us to see what we can do. Giveaways, contests, competitions, partnerships...