AbstractEach CME activity should take approximately 1 hour to complete. Each CME activity includes the following:
- Full text article
- Article CME information
- CME test
- Learner-directed phase
CME activities within the online journal CME on the Southern Medical Association’s Web site can be accessed in the following ways:
- Through the online Table of Contents for each month’s issue
- CME Articles are designated by a CME link adjacent to each article’s title. Click on the link at the beginning of the article to access CME information and instructions.
- Through the SMA Education Center at http://sma.inreachce.com.
- Select the CME activity through one of the interfaces described above.
- Log in to the Web site, using your SMA username and password. If you are not an SMA member or have not previously registered with our Web site, you will be prompted to create a ‘‘free’’ account. Or, you may join SMA to receive member benefits, including reduced fees for SMJ CME.
- Browse and select the CME journal article, either by subject area or delivery type, and place it in your shopping cart.
- Proceed to ‘‘check out’’ to complete your purchase, and pay the appropriate fee.
- Review the documentation information provided.
- Read the corresponding full-text article(s) associated with the selected CME activity in its entirety.
- After reading the article(s), access the CME test by selecting the ‘‘test’’ link provided. You must score 80% to achieve a passing grade and obtain CME credit. If a passing score is not achieved, you may try again.
- Upon scoring 80% on the test, select the ‘‘Evaluate’’ link to evaluate the associated CME activity, and complete the learner directed phase. Filling out the evaluation form and completing the learner directed phase is required.
- Complete the affidavit.
- Upon completion of these steps, you may access a printable copy of your CME certificate. In addition, a CME certificate will be e-mailed to you for your records.
This content is limited to qualifying members.
If you have an existing account please login now to access this article or view your purchase options.
Create a free account, then purchase this article to download or access it online for 24 hours.
Create a free account, then purchase a subscription to get complete access to all articles for a full year.