1. Miller KD, Siegel RL, Lin CC, et al. Cancer treatment and survivorship statistics, 2016. CA Cancer J Clin 2016;66:271-289.
2. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program. Cancer statistics review (CSR) 1975-2014. https://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2014
. Published April 14 2017. Accessed April 30, 2017.
3. Brewster AM, Hortobagyi GN, Broglio KR, et al. Residual risk of breast cancer recurrence 5 years after adjuvant therapy. J Natl Cancer Inst 2008;100:1179-1183.
4. McLaughlin SA. Lymphedema. In: Harris J, Lippman ME, Morrow M, et al, eds. Diseases of the Breast. Philadelphia:Wolters Kluwer Health; 2014:590-601.
5. Gartner R, Jensen MB, Nielsen J, et al. Prevalence of and factors associated with persistent pain following breast cancer surgery. JAMA 2009;302:1985-1992.
6. Loftus LS, Laronga C. Evaluating patients with chronic pain after breast cancer surgery: the search for relief. JAMA 2009;302:2034-2035.
9. Lesi G, Razzini G, Musti MA, et al. Acupuncture as an integrative approach for the treatment of hot flashes in women with breast cancer: a prospective multicenter randomized controlled trial (AcCliMaT). J Clin Oncol 2016;34:1795-1802.
10. Mao JJ, Bowman MA, Xie SX, et al. Electroacupuncture versus gabapentin for hot flashes among breast cancer survivors: a randomized placebo-controlled trial. J Clin Oncol 2015;33:3815-3820.
11. Barton DL, Sloan JA, Shuster LT, et al. Impact of vaginal dehydroepiandosterone (DHEA) on vaginal symptoms in female cancer survivors. Trial N10C1 (Alliance). J Clin Oncol 2014;32(suppl:9507):5s.
12. Hickey M, Saunders C, Partridge A, et al. Practical clinical guidelines for assessing and managing menopausal symptoms after breast cancer. Ann Oncol 2008;19:1669-1680.
13. Moegele M, Buchholz S, Seitz S, et al. Vaginal estrogen therapy in postmenopausal breast cancer patients treated with aromatase inhibitors. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2012;285:1397-1402.
14. Le Ray I, Dell'Aniello S, Bonnetain F, et al. Local estrogen therapy and risk of breast cancer recurrence among hormone-treated patients: a nested case-control study. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2012;135:603-609.
15. Goetsch MF, Lim JY, Caughey AB. A practical solution for dyspareunia in breast cancer survivors: a randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol 2015;33:3394-3400.
16. Goetsch MF, Lim JY, Caughey AB. Locating pain in breast cancer survivors experiencing dyspareunia: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol 2014;123:1231-1236.
17. Partridge AH, Ruddy KJ. Fertility and adjuvant treatment in young women with breast cancer. Breast 2007;16(Suppl 2):S175-S181.
18. Valachis A, Tsali L, Pesce LL, et al. Safety of pregnancy after primary breast carcinoma in young women: a meta-analysis to overcome bias of healthy mother effect studies. Obstet Gynecol Surv 2010;65:786-793.
19. Azim HA, Jr Santoro L, Pavlidis N, et al. Safety of pregnancy following breast cancer diagnosis: a meta-analysis of 14 studies. Eur J Cancer 2011;47:74-83.
20. Calhoun K, Hansen N. The effect of pregnancy on survival in women with a history of breast cancer. Breast Dis 2006;23:81-86.
21. Azim HA, Jr Kroman N, Paesmans M, et al. Prognostic impact of pregnancy after breast cancer according to estrogen receptor status: a multicenter retrospective study. J Clin Oncol 2013;31:73-79.
23. Hewitt M, Greenfield S, Stovall E. From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor: Lost in Transition. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2006.
24. American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Cancer Program Standards: Ensuring Patient-Centered Care. Chicago:American College of Surgeons; 2016.
26. Nissen MJ, Tsai ML, Blaes AH, et al. Effectiveness of treatment summaries in increasing breast and colorectal cancer survivors’ knowledge about their diagnosis and treatment. J Cancer Surviv 2013;7:211-218.
27. Oeffinger KC, Hudson MM, Mertens AC, et al. Increasing rates of breast cancer and cardiac surveillance among high-risk survivors of childhood Hodgkin lymphoma following a mailed, one-page survivorship care plan. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2011;56:818-824.
28. Sprague BL, Dittus KL, Pace CM, et al. Patient satisfaction with breast and colorectal cancer survivorship care plans. Clin J Oncol Nurs 2013;17:266-272.
29. Jefford M, Lotfi-Jam K, Baravelli C, et al. Development and pilot testing of a nurse-led posttreatment support package for bowel cancer survivors. Cancer Nurs 2011;34:E1-E10.
30. Jagielski C, Crowley S, Dunn R, et al. Impact of a transition visit on addressing health-related patient concerns among breast cancer survivors. Psycho-Onc 2011;20:91-92.
31. Palmer SC, Stricker CT, Panzer SL, et al. Outcomes and satisfaction after delivery of a breast cancer survivorship care plan: results of a multicenter trial. J Oncol Pract 2015;11:e222-e229.
32. Mayer DK, Nekhlyudov L, Snyder CF, et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology clinical expert statement on cancer survivorship care planning. J Oncol Pract 2014;10:345-351.
33. McCabe MS, Bhatia S, Oeffinger KC, et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology statement: achieving high-quality cancer survivorship care. J Clin Oncol 2013;31:631-640.
34. Khatcheressian JL, Hurley P, Bantug E, et al. Breast cancer follow-up and management after primary treatment: American Society of Clinical Oncology clinical practice guideline update. J Clin Oncol 2013;31:961-965.
35. Quinn EM, Coveney AP, Redmond HP. Use of magnetic resonance imaging in detection of breast cancer recurrence: a systematic review. Ann Surg Oncol 2012;19:3035-3041.
36. Pant S, Shapiro CL. Aromatase inhibitor-associated bone loss: clinical considerations. Drugs 2008;68:2591-2600.
37. Rojas MP, Telaro E, Russo A, et al. Follow-up strategies for women treated for early breast cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005;1:CD001768.
38. Henry LN, Hayes DF, Ramsey SD, et al. Promoting quality and evidence-based care in early-stage breast cancer follow-up. J Natl Cancer Inst 2014;106:dju034.
39. Friedenreich CM, Gregory J, Kopciuk KA, et al. Prospective cohort study of lifetime physical activity and breast cancer survival. Int J Cancer 2009;124:1954-1962.
40. Holick CN, Newcomb PA, Trentham-Dietz A, et al. Physical activity and survival after diagnosis of invasive breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2008;17:379-386.
41. Chlebowski RT, Aiello E, McTiernan A. Weight loss in breast cancer patient management. J Clin Oncol 2002;20:1128-1143.
42. Kwan ML, Kushi LH, Weltzien E, et al. Alcohol consumption and breast cancer recurrence and survival among women with early-stage breast cancer: the life after cancer epidemiology study. J Clin Oncol 2010;28:4410-4416.
43. Zick SM, Sen A, Wyatt GK, et al. Investigation of 2 types of self-administered acupressure for persistent cancer-related fatigue in breast cancer survivors: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA Oncol 2016;2:1470-1476.
44. Lengacher CA, Reich RR, Paterson CL, et al. Examination of broad symptom improvement resulting from mindfulness-based stress reduction in breast cancer survivors: a randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol 2016;34:2827-2834.
45. Bower JE, Crosswell AD, Stanton AL, et al. Mindfulness meditation for younger breast cancer survivors: a randomized controlled trial. Cancer 2015;121:1231-1240.