1. Polderman KH. Hypothermia and neurological outcome after cardiac arrest: state of the art. Eur J Anaesthesiol Supp 2008;42:23–30.
2. Wolff B, Machill K, Schumacher D, et al. Early achievement of mild therapeutic hypothermia and the neurologic outcome after cardiac arrest. Int J Cardiol 2009;133:223–228.
3. Bruel C, Parienti JJ, Marie W, et al. Mild hypothermia during advanced life support: a preliminary study in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Crit Care 2008;12:R31.
4. Hay AW, Swann DG, Bell K, et al. Therapeutic hypothermia in comatose patients after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Anaesthesia 2008;63:15–19.
5. Macdonald N, Moonesinghe SR. Therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest. Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 2007;68:397.
6. Tiainen M, Poutiainen E, Kovala T, et al. Cognitive and neurophysiological outcome of cardiac arrest survivors treated with therapeutic hypothermia. Stroke 2007;38:2303–2308.
7. Froehler MT, Geocadin RG. Hypothermia for neuroprotection after cardiac arrest: mechanisms, clinical trials and patient care. J Neurol Sci 2007;261:118–126.
8. Belliard G, Catez E, Charron C, et al. Efficacy of therapeutic hypothermia after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest due to ventricular fibrillation. Resuscitation 2007;75:252–259.
9. Laish-Farkash A, Matetzky S, Kassem S, et al. Therapeutic hypothermia for comatose survivors after cardiac arrest. Isr Med Assoc J 2007;9:252–256.
10. Arrica M, Bissonnette B. Therapeutic hypothermia. Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2007;11:6–15.
11. Holzer M, Bernard SA, Hachimi-Idrissi S, et al; Collaborative Group on Induced Hypothermia for Neuroprotection After Cardiac Arrest. Hypothermia for neuroprotection after cardiac arrest: systematic review and individual patient data meta-analysis. Crit Care Med 2005;33:414–418.
12. Bernard S. Therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: now a standard of care. Crit Care Med 2006;34:923–924.
13. Kennedy J, Green RS, Stenstrom R; CAEP Critical Care Committee. The use of induced hypothermia after cardiac arrest: a survey of Canadian emergency physicians. CJEM 2008;10:125–130.
14. Brooks SC, Morrison LJ. Implementation of therapeutic hypothermia guidelines for post-cardiac arrest syndrome at a glacial pace: seeking guidance from the knowledge translation literature. Resuscitation 2008;77:286–292.
15. Suffoletto BP, Salcido DD, Menegazzi JJ; National Association of Emergency Medical Services Physicians. Use of pre-hospital-induced hypothermia after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a survey of the National Association of Emergency Medical Services Physicians. Prehosp Emerg Care 2008;12:52–56.
16. Oksanen T, Pettilä V, Hynynen M, et al; Intensium Consortium Study Group. Therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: implementation and outcome in Finnish intensive care units. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2007;51:866–872.
17. Holzer M, Sterz F; Hypothermia After Cardiac Arrest Study Group. Therapeutic hypothermia after cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 2003;1:317–325.
18. Bernard SA, Gray TW, Buist MD, et al. Treatment of comatose survivors of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with induced hypothermia. N Engl J Med 2002;346:557–563.
19. Langhelle A, Nolan J, Herlitz J; 2003 Utstein Consensus Symposium. Recommended guidelines for reviewing, reporting, and conducting research on post-resuscitation care: the Utstein style. Resuscitation 2005;66:271–283.
20. A randomized clinical study of a calcium-entry blocker (lidoflazine) in the treatment of comatose survivors of cardiac arrest. Brain Resuscitation Clinical Trial II Study Group. N Engl J Med 1991;324:1225–1231.
21. Raina KD, Callaway C, Rittenberger JC, et al. Neurological and functional status following cardiac arrest: method and tool utility. Resuscitation 2008;79:249–256.
22. Fonarow GC. Beta-blockers for the post-myocardial infarction patient: current clinical evidence and practical considerations. Rev Cardiovasc Med 2006;7:1–9.
23. O'Connor CM. The new heart failure guidelines: strategies for implementation. Am Heart J 2007;153(4 suppl):2–5.
24. Søreide E, Sunde J. Therapeutic hypothermia after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: how to secure worldwide implementation. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 2008;21:209–215.
25. Laver SR, Padkin A, Atalla A, et al. Therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: a survey of practice in intensive care units in the United Kingdom. Anaesthesia 2006;61:873–877.
26. Merchant RM, Soar J, Skrifvars MB, et al. Therapeutic hypothermia utilization among physicians after resuscitation from cardiac arrest. Crit Care Med 2006;34:1935–1940.
27. Abella BS, Rhee JW, Huang KN, et al. Induced hypothermia is underused after resuscitation from cardiac arrest: a current practice survey. Resuscitation 2005;64:181–186.
28. Wolfrum S, Radke PW, Pischon T, et al. Mild therapeutic hypothermia after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a nationwide survey on the implementation of the ILCOR guidelines in German intensive care units. Resuscitation 2007;72:207–213.
29. Majersik JJ, Silbergleit R, Meurer WJ, et al. Public health impact of full implementation of therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest. Resuscitation 2008;77:189–194.
30. Friberg H, Nielsen N. Hypothermia after cardiac arrest: lessons learned from national registries. J Neurotrauma 2009;26:365–369.
31. Schefold JC, Storm C, Joerres A, et al. Mild therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest and the risk of bleeding in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Int J Cardiol 2009;132:387–391.
32. Kilgannon JH, Roberts BW, Stauss M, et al. Use of a standardized order set for achieving target temperature in the implementation of therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: a feasibility study. Acad Emerg Med 2008;15:499–505.
33. Arrich J; European Resuscitation Council Hypothermia After Cardiac Arrest Registry Study Group. Clinical application of mild therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest. Crit Care Med 2007;35:1041–1047.
34. Oddo M, Schaller MD, Feihl F, et al. From evidence to clinical practice: effective implementation of therapeutic hypothermia improve patient outcome after cardiac arrest. Crit Care Med 2006;34:1865–1873.
35. Haugk M, Sterz F, Grassberger M, et al. Feasibility and efficacy of a new non-invasive surface cooling device in post-resuscitation intensive care medicine. Resuscitation 2007;75:76–81.
36. Busch M, Soreide E, Lossius HM, et al. Rapid implementation of therapeutic hypothermia in comatose out-of-hospital cardiac arrest survivors. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2006;50:1277–1283.
37. Barros RC, Branco LG, Cárnio EC. Evidence for thermoregulation by dopamine D1 and D2 receptors in the anteroventral preoptic region during normoxia and hypoxia. Brain Res 2004;1030:165–171.
38. Ruttmann E, Weissenbacher A, Ulmer H, et al. Prolonged extracorporeal membrane oxygenation-assisted support provides improved survival in hypothermic patients with cardiocirculatory arrest. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2007;134:594–600.
39. Flint AC, Hemphill JC, Bonovich DC. Therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: performance characteristics and safety of surface cooling with or without endovascular cooling. Neurocrit Care 2007;7:109–118.
40. Hoedemaekers CW, Ezzahti M, Gerritsen A, et al. Comparison of cooling methods to induce and maintain normo- and hypothermia in intensive care unit patients: a prospective intervention study. Crit Care 2007;11:R91.
41. Merchant RM, Abella BS, Peberdy MA, et al. Therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: unintentional overcooling is common using ice packs and conventional cooling blankets. Crit Care Med 2006;34:S490–S494.
42. Kämäräinen A, Virkkunen I, Tenhunen J, et al. Pre-hospital induction of therapeutic hypothermia during CPR: a pilot study. Resuscitation 2008;76:360–363.
43. Våga A, Busch M, Karlsen TE, et al. A pilot study of key nursing aspects with different cooling methods and devices in the ICU. Resuscitation 2008;76:25–30.
44. Polderman KH. Application of therapeutic hypothermia in the intensive care unit. Opportunities and pitfalls of a promising treatment modality–part 2: practical aspects and side effects. Intensive Care Med 2004;30:757–769.
45. Alam HB, Rhee P, Honma K, et al. Does the rate of rewarming from profound hypothermic arrest influence the outcome in a swine model of lethal hemorrhage? J Trauma 2006;60:134–146.
46. Maxwell WL, Watson A, Queen R, et al. Slow, medium, or fast rewarming following post-traumatic hypothermia therapy? An ultrastructural perspective. J Neurotrauma 2005;22:873–874.