1. Siegel R, Naishadham D, Jemal A. Cancer statistics, 2012. CA Cancer J Clin 2012;62:10-29.
2. Chow WH, Dong LM, Devesa SS. Epidemiology and risk factors for kidney cancer. Nat Rev Urol 2010;7:245-257.
3. Rodriguez-Covarrubias F, Gomez-Alvarado MO, Sotomayor M, et al. Time to recurrence after nephrectomy as a predictor of cancer-specific survival in localized clear-cell renal cell carcinoma. Urol Int 2011;86:47-52.
4. Ogden CL, Carroll MD, Curtin LR, et al. Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999-2004. JAMA 2006;295:1549-1555.
5. Calle EE, Rodriguez C, Walker-Thurmond K, et al. Overweight, obesity, and mortality from cancer in a prospectively studied cohort of U.S. adults. N Engl J Med 2003;348:1625-1638.
6. Adams KF, Leitzmann MF, Albanes D, et al. Body size and renal cell cancer incidence in a large US cohort study. Am J Epidemiol 2008;168:268-277.
7. Polednak AP. Estimating the number of U.S. incident cancers attributable to obesity and the impact on temporal trends in incidence rates for obesity-related cancers. Cancer Detect Prev 2008;32:190-199.
8. Chow WH, Gridley G, Fraumeni JF, Jr et al. Obesity, hypertension, and the risk of kidney cancer in men. N Engl J Med 2000;343:1305-1311.
9. Cindolo L, de la Taille A, Messina G, et al. A preoperative clinical prognostic model for non-metastatic renal cell carcinoma. BJU Int 2003;92:901-905.
10. Karakiewicz P, Suardi N, Capitanio U, et al. A preoperative prognostic model for patients treated with nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma. Eur Urol 2009;55:287-295.
11. Raj GV, Thompson RH, Leibovich BC, et al. Preoperative nomogram predicting 12-year probability of metastatic renal cancer. J Urol 2008;179:2146-2151.
12. Kanao K, Mizuno R, Kikuchi E, et al. Preoperative prognostic nomogram (probability table) for renal cell carcinoma based on TNM classification. J Urol 2009;181:480-485.
13. Kattan MW, Reuter V, Motzer RJ, et al. A postoperative prognostic nomogram for renal cell carcinoma. J Urol 2001;166:63-67.
14. Zisman A, Pantuck AJ, Dorey F, et al. Improved prognostication of renal cell carcinoma using an integrated staging system. J Clin Oncol 2001;19:1649-1657.
15. Frank I, Blute ML, Cheville JC, et al. An outcome prediction model for patients with clear cell carcinoma treated with radical nephrectomy based on tumor stage, size, grade and necrosis: the SSIGN score. J Urol 2002;168:2395-2400.
16. Sorbellini M, Kattan MW, Snyder ME, et al. A postoperative prognostic nomogram predicting recurrence for patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma. J Urol 2005;173:48-51.
17. Karakiewicz PI, Briganti A, Chun FK, et al. Multi-institutional validation of a new renal cancer-specific survival nomogram. J Clin Oncol 2007;25:1316-1322.
18. Sogaard M, Thomsen RW, Bossen KS, et al. The impact of comorbidity on cancer survival: a review. Clin Epidemiol 2013;5(Suppl 1):3-29.
19. Lund L, Jacobsen J, Norgaard M, et al. The prognostic impact of comorbidity on renal cancer, 1995 to 2006: a Danish population based study. J Urol 2009;185:35-40.
20. Berger DA, Megwalu II, Vlahiotis A, et al. Impact of comorbidity on overall survival in patients surgically treated for renal cell carcinoma. Urology 2008;72:359-363.
21. Santos Arrontes D, Fernández Acenero MJ, Garcia González JI, et al. Survival analysis of clear cell renal carcinoma according to the Charlson comorbidity index. J Urol 2008;179:857-861.
22. Gettman MT, Boelter CW, Cheville JC, et al. Charlson co-morbidity index as a predictor of outcome after surgery for renal cell carcinoma with renal vein, vena cava or right atrium extension. J Urol 2003;169:1282-1286.
23. Charlson ME, Pompei P, Ales KL, et al. A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation. J Chronic Dis 1987;40:373-383.
24. Fukushima H, Masuda H, Yokoyama M, et al. Diabetes mellitus with obesity is a predictor of recurrence in patients with non-metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Jpn J Clin Oncol 2013;43:740-746.
25. Son HS, Jeon SH, Chang SG. Factors affecting the time to recurrence after radical nephrectomy for localized renal cell carcinoma. Korean J Urol 2013;54:744-749.
26. Patard JJ, Leray E, Rioux-Leclerq N, et al. Prognostic value of histologic subtypes in renal cell carcinoma: a multicenter experience. J Clin Oncol 2005;23:2763-2771.
27. Pierorazio PM, Johnson MH, Patel HD, et al. Management of renal masses and localized renal cancer: systematic review and meta-analysis. J Urol 2016;196:989-999.
28. Hollingsworth JM, Miller DC, Diagnault S, et al. Five-year survival after surgical treatment for kidney cancer: a population-based competing risk analysis. Cancer 2007;109:1763-1768.
29. Sun M, Thuret R, Abdollah F, et al. Age-adjusted incidence, mortality, and survival rates of stage-specific renal cell carcinoma in North America: a trend analysis. Eur Urol 2011;59:135-141.
30. Ha YS, Kim WT, Yun SJ, et al. Multi-institutional analysis of localized renal cell carcinoma that demonstrates the impact of diabetic status on prognosis after nephrectomy. Ann Surg Oncol 2013;20:3662-3668.
31. Lopez-Beltran A, Scarpelli M, Montironi R, et al. 2004 WHO classification of the renal tumors of the adults. Eur Urol 2006;49:798-805.