1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Current cigarette smoking among adults--United States, 2011. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2012;61:889-894.
3. Caponnetto PL, Campagna D, Cibella F, et al. EffiCiency and Safety of an eLectronic cigAreTte (ECLAT) as tobacco cigarettes substitute: a prospective 12-month randomized control design study. PLoS One 2013;8:e66317.
4. Bullen C, Howe C, Laugesen M, et al. Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2013;382:1629-1637.
5. Brown J, Beard E, Kotz D, et al. Real-world effectiveness of e-cigarettes when used to aid smoking cessation: a cross-sectional population study. Addiction 2014 May 20 [E-pub ahead of print] .
6. Franck C, Budlovsky T, Windle SB, et al. Electronic cigarettes in North America: history, use, and implications for smoking cessation. Circulation 2014;129:1945-1952.
7. Regan AK, Promoff G, Dube SR, et al. Electronic nicotine delivery systems: adult use and awareness of the ‘‘e-cigarette’’ in the USA. Tob Control 2013;22:19-23.
8. Bjartveit K, Tverdal A. Health consequences of smoking 1-4 cigarettes per day. Tob Control 2005;14:315-320.
9. Etter JF, Bullen C. A longitudinal study of electronic cigarettes users. Addict Behav 2014;39:491-494.
10. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Notes from the field: electronic cigarette use among middle and high school students--United States, 2011-2012. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2013;62:729-730.
12. Slomski A. Report shows e-cigarette marketing aimed at youth. JAMA 2014;311:2262-2263.
13. Lee S, Grana RA, Glantz SA. Electronic cigarette use among Korean adolescents: a cross-sectional study of market penetration, dual use, and relationship to quit attempts and former smoking. J Adolesc Health 2014;54:684-690.
14. Goniewicz ML, Knysak J, Gawron M, et al. Levels of selected carcinogens and toxicants in vapour from electronic cigarettes. Tob Control 2014;23:133-139.
16. McCauley L, Markin C, Hosmer D. An unexpected consequence of electronic cigarette use. Chest 2012;141:1110-1113.
17. Cameron JM, Howell DN, White JR, et al. Variable and potentially fatal amounts of nicotine in e-cigarettes nicotine solutions. Tob Control 2014;23:77-78.