1. Gisselbrecht C, Oksenhendler E, Tirelli U, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus–related lymphoma treatment with intensive combination chemotherapy. French-Italian Cooperative Group. Am J Med 1993;95:188–196.
2. Rabkin C. Epidemiology of AIDS-related malignancies. Curr Opin Oncol 1994;6:492–496.
3. Kirk O, Pedersen C, Cozzi-Lepri A; EuroSIDA Study Group. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma in HIV-infected patients in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. Blood 2001;98:3406–3412.
4. Tirelli U, Bernardi D. Impact of HAART on the clinical management of AIDS-related cancers. Eur J Cancer 2000;37:1320–1324.
5. O'Connor PG, Scadden DT. Aids oncology. Infect Dis Clin North Am 2000;14:1–13.
6. Grogg KL, Miller RF, Dogan A. HIV infection and lymphoma. J Clin Pathol 2007;60:1365–1372.
7. Vaccher E, Spina M, Talamini R, et al. Improvement of systemic human immunodeficiency virus–related non-hodgkin lymphoma outcome in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. Clin Infect Dis 2003;37:1556–1564.
8. Tirelli U, Errante D, Oksenhendler E, et al. Prospective study with combined low-dose chemotherapy and zidovudine in 37 patients with poor-prognosis AIDS-related non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. French-Italian Cooperative Study Group. Ann Oncol 1992;3:843–847.
9. Tirelli U, Spina M, Gabarre J, et al. Treatment of HIV-related non-Hodgkin's lymphoma adapted to prognostic factors [abstract 91]. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 1999;21(suppl A):A32.
10. Tirelli U, Spina M, Gaidano G, et al. Epidemiological, biological and clinical features of HIV-related lymphomas in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. AIDS 2000;14:1675–1688.
11. Vaccher E, Spina M, di Gennaro G, et al. Concomitant cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone chemotherapy plus highly active antiretroviral therapy in patients with human immunodeficiency virus–related, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Cancer 2001;91:155–163.
12. Snedecor GW, Cochran WG. Statistical Methods. Ames, IA, Iowa State University Press, 1980.
13. Ziegler JL, Beckstead JA, Volberding PA, et al. Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 90 homosexual men: relation to generalized lymphadenopathy and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. N Engl J Med 1984;311:565–570.
14. Kaplan LD, Abrams DI, Feigal E, et al. AIDS-associated non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in San Francisco. JAMA 1989;261:719–724.
15. Levine AM, Wernz JC, Kaplan L, et al. Low-dose chemotherapy with central nervous system prophylaxis and azidothymidine maintenance in AIDS-related lymphoma. A prospective multi-institutional trial. JAMA 1991;266:84–88.
16. Levine AM, Sullivan-Halley J, Pike MC, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus–related lymphoma. Prognostic factors predictive of survival. Cancer 1991;68:2466–2472.
17. Cavanna L, Pagani R, Seghini P, et al. High grade B-cell gastric lymphoma with complete pathologic remission after eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection: report of a case and review of the literature. World J Surg Oncol 2008;6:35.
18. Clayton A, Mughal T. The changing face of HIV-associated lymphoma: what can we learn about optimal therapy post highly active antiretroviral therapy era? Hematol Oncol 2004;22:111–120.
19. Autran B, Carcelain G, Li TS, et al. Positive effects of combined antiretroviral therapy on CD4+ T cell homeostasis and function in advanced HIV disease. Science 1997;277:112–116.
20. Mackall CL. T-cell immunodeficiency following cytotoxic antineoplastic therapy: a review. Stem Cells 2000;18:10–18.
21. Zanussi S, Simonelli C, D'Andrea M, et al. The effects of antineoplastic chemotherapy on HIV disease. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 1996;12:1703–1707.
22. Grulich AE, Wan X, Law MG, et al. B-cell stimulation and prolonged immune deficiency are risk factors for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in people with AIDS. AIDS 2000;14:133–140.
23. Rabkin CS, Yang Q, Goedert JJ, et al. Chemokine and chemokine receptor gene variants and risk of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in human immunodeficiency virus-1- infected individuals. Blood 1999;93:1838–1842.
24. Przybylski GK, Goldman J, Ng VL, et al. Evidence for early B-cell activation preceding the development of Epstein-Barr virus-negative acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related lymphoma. Blood 1996;88:4620–4629.
25. Jarrett RF. Viruses and lymphoma/leukaemia. J Pathol 2006;208:176–186.
26. Knowles D. Etiology and pathogenesis of AIDS-related non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 2003;17:785–820.
27. Herndier BG, Shiramizu BT, Jewett NE, et al. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome associated T-cell lymphoma: evidence for human immunodeficiency virus type 1-associated T-cell transformation. Blood 1992;79:1768–1774.
28. Kundu RK, Sangiorgi F, Wu LY, et al. Expression of the human immunodeficiency virus-Tat gene in lymphoid tissues of transgenic mice is associated with B-cell lymphoma. Blood 1999;94:275–282.
29. McClain KL. Epstein-Barr virus and HIV-AIDS-associated diseases. Biomed Pharmacother 2001;55:348–352.
30. Ioachim HL, Antonescu C, Giancotti F, et al. EBV-associated primary lymphomas in salivary glands of HIV-infected patients. Pathol Res Pract. 1998;194:87–95.
31. Andonopoulos AP, Tiniakou M, Melachrinou M, et al. Sjögren's syndrome in patients with newly diagnosed untreated non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Rev Rhum Engl Ed 1997;64:287–292.
32. Lehours P, Mégraud F. Helicobacter pylori infection and gastric MALT lymphoma. Rocz Akad Med Bialymst 2005;50:54–61.
33. Thiede C, Wündisch T, Alpen B, et al; German MALT Lymphoma Study Group. Long-term persistence of monoclonal B cells after cure of Helicobacter pylori infection and complete histologic remission in gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue B-cell lymphoma. J Clin Oncol 2001;19:1600–1609.
34. Morgner A, Bayerdörffer E, Neubauer A, et al. Gastric MALT lymphoma and its relationship to Helicobacter pylori infection: management and pathogenesis of the disease. Microsc Res Tech 2000;48:349–356.
35. Kütting B, Bonsmann G, Metze D, et al. Borrelia burgdorferi-associated primary cutaneous B cell lymphoma: complete clearing of skin lesions after antibiotic pulse therapy or intralesional injection of interferon alfa-2a. J Am Acad Dermatol 1997;36:311–314.
36. Amengual JE, Zhang X, Ibrahim S, et al. Regression of HIV-related diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in response to antiviral therapy alone. Blood 2008; 112:4359–4360.