1. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 2000.
2. Alden SA. Borderline personality disorder and aggression: exploring mediating and moderating roles of psychophysiological arousal. Dissert Abstr Int 2009; 69: 6397B.
3. Fountoulakis KN, Leucht S, Kaprinis GS. Personality disorders and violence. Curr Opin Psychiatry 2008; 21: 84–92.
4. Goodman M, New A. Impulsive aggression in borderline personality disorder. Curr Psychiatry Rep 2000; 2: 56–61.
5. Dutton DG, Starzomski AJ. Borderline personality in perpetrators of psychological and physical abuse. Violence Vict 1993; 8: 327–337.
6. Tweed RG, Dutton DG. A comparison of impulsive and instrumental subgroups of batterers. Violence Vict 1998; 13: 217–230.
7. Dutton DG. Personality dynamics of intimate abusiveness. J Psychiatr Pract 2002; 8: 216–228.
8. Porcerelli JH, Cogan R, Hibbard S. Personality characteristics of partner violent men: a Q-sort approach. J Pers Disord 2004; 18: 151–162.
9. Tong ARWC. A multivariate path model for understanding male spousal violence against women: a Canadian study. Dissert Abstr Int 2004; 64: 5238B.
10. Mauricio AM, Lopez FG. A latent classification of male batterers. Violence Vict 2009; 24: 419–438.
11. Ross JM, Babcock JC. Proactive and reactive violence among intimate partner violent men diagnosed with antisocial and borderline personality disorder. J Fam Violence 2009; 24: 607–617.
12. Hughes FM, Stuart GL, Gordon KC, et al. Predicting the use of aggressive conflict tactics in a sample of women arrested for domestic violence. J Soc Per Relat 2007; 24: 155–176.
13. Stuart GL, Moore TM, Gordon KC, et al. Psychopathology in women arrested for domestic violence. J Interpers Violence 2006; 21: 376–389.
14. Hines DA. Borderline personality traits and intimate partner aggression: an international multisite, cross-gender analysis. Psychol Women Q 2008; 32: 290–302.
15. Sansone RA, Farukhi S, Wiederman MW. Disruptive behaviors in the medical setting and borderline personality. Int J Psychiatry Med 2011; 41: 355–363.
16. Sansone RA, Sansone LA. Borderline personality and criminality. Psychiatry 2009; 6: 16–20.
17. Gross J. Aggression in hospitalized criminal offenders with mental illness and personality disorders: a psychoanalytic retrospective longitudinal study. Dissert Abstr Int 2007; 68: 621B.
18. Lveille S, Lefebvre J, Marleau J-D. Familicide in Quebec: 1986 to 2000. Ann Med Psychol 2009; 167: 591–596.
19. Papazian LM. Literature review on the personalities and patterns of serial killers. Dissert Abstr Int 2001; 61: 6144B.
20. Ansevics NL, Doweiko HE. Serial murderers: early proposed developmental model and typology. Psychother Priv Pract 1991; 9: 107–122.
21. Newhill CE, Eack SM, Mulvey EP. Violent behavior in borderline personality. J Pers Disord 2009; 23: 541–554.
22. Hyler SE. Personality Diagnostic Questionnaire-4. New York, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1994.
23. Sansone RA, Wiederman MW, Sansone LA. The Self-Harm Inventory (SHI): development of a scale for identifying self-destructive behaviors and borderline personality disorder. J Clin Psychol 1998; 54: 973–983.
24. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 1994.
25. Dubro AF, Wetzler S, Kahn MW. A comparison of three self-report questionnaires for the diagnosis of DSM-III personality disorders. J Personal Disord 1988; 2: 256–266.
26. Hyler SE, Lyons M, Rieder RO, et al. The factor structure of self-report DSM-III axis II symptoms and their relationship to clinicians’ ratings. Am J Psychiatry 1990; 147: 751–757.
27. Johnson JG, Bornstein RF. Utility of the Personality Diagnostic Questionnaire-Revised in a nonclinical sample. J Personal Disord 1992; 6: 450–457.
28. Patrick J, Links P, Van Reekum R, et al. Using the PDQ-R BPD scale as a brief screening measure in the differential diagnosis of personality disorder. J Personal Disord 1995; 9: 266–274.
29. Kolb JE, Gunderson JG. Diagnosing borderlines with a semi-structured interview. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1980; 37: 37–41.
30. Sen S. Socioeconomic status and mental health: what is the causal relationship? Acta Psychiatr Scand 2012; 125: 187–188.
31. Zanarini MC, Frankenburg FR, Dubo ED, et al. Axis II comorbidity of borderline personality disorder. Compr Psychiatry 1998; 39: 296–302.