Fatal Staphylococcal Food Poisoning
AbstractFour persons experienced the sudden onset of vomiting, diarrhea and shock approximately three and one half hours after eating a “cold plate” lunch served at a restaurant; the illness was fatal in one individual. Food specific attack rates implicated ham from which staphylococci were isolated. This report demonstrates the potential seriousness of staphylococcal food poisoning and emphasizes the role of the practicing physician in reporting such outbreaks to the appropriate health authorities.
This content is limited to qualifying members.
If you have an existing account please login now to access this article or view your purchase options.
Create a free account, then purchase this article to download or access it online for 24 hours.
Create a free account, then purchase a subscription to get complete access to all articles for a full year.