1. Hartman M, Martin A, Nuccio O, et al. Health care spending growth at a historic low in 2008. Health Aff 2010;29:1147-1155.
5. Adams CP, Brantner VV. Estimating the cost of new drug development: is it really $802 million?Health Aff 2006;25:420-428.
8. Tamboli AM, Todkar P, Zope P, et al. An overview on bioequivalence: regulatory consideration for generic drug products. J Bioequiv Availab 2010;2:086-092.
9. Lewek P, Kardas P. Generic drugs: the benefits and risks of making the switch. J Fam Pract 2010;59:634-640.
10. Welage LS, Kirking DM, Ascione FJ, et al. Understanding the scientific issues embedded in the generic drug approval process. J Am Pharm Assoc 2001;41:856-867.
12. Ray A, Gulati K. Current trends in pharmacology. New Delhi, India, I. K. International Publishing House Pvt Ltd, 2007.
14. Gidal BE, Tomson T. Substitution of generic drugs in epilepsy: is there cause for concern? Epilepsia 2008;49:55-62.
17. Shah RB, Collier JS, Sayeed VA, et al. Tablet splitting of a narrow therapeutic index drug: a case with levothyroxine sodium. AAPS. PharmSciTech 2010;1-9.
18. Henderson JD, Escham RH. Generic substitution: issues for problematic drugs. South Med J 2001;94:16-21.
19. Buck ML. Amphetamines in the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Pediatr Pharm 2002;8:1-6.
20. Croom KF, Plosker GL. Spotlight on the pharmacoeconomics of escitalopram in depression. CNS Drugs 2004;18:469-473.
21. Dunn JD, Cannon E, Mitchell MP, et al. Utilization and drug cost outcomes of a step-therapy edit for generic antidepressants in an HMO in an integrated health system. J Manag Care Pharm 2006;12:294-302.
22. Hollis A. How cheap are Canada's drugs really? J Pharm Pharm Sci 2004;7:215-216.
24. Figueiras MJ, Marcelino D, Cortes MA. People's views on the level of agreement of generic medicines for different illnesses. Pharm World Sci 2008;30:590-594.
26. Al-Jazairi AS, Bhareth S, Eqtefan IS, et al. Brand and generic medications: are they interchangeable? Ann Saudi Med 2008;28:33-41.
27. Hassali MA, Shafie AA, Awaisu A, et al. Physicians' views on generic medicines: a narrative review. J Generic Med 2010;730-739.
28. Goldman DP, Joyce GF, Zheng Y. Prescription drug cost sharing: associations with medication and medical utilization and spending and health. JAMA 2007;298:61-69.
29. Odierna DH, Bero LA. Systematic reviews reveal unrepresentative evidence for the development of drug formularies for poor and nonwhite populations. J Clin Epidemiol 2009;62:1268-1278.
30. Jobst BC, Holmes GL. Prescribing antiepileptic drugs: should patients be switched on the basis of cost? CNS Drugs 2004;18:617-628.
31. Ganguli G. Consumers devise drug cost-cutting measures: medical and legal issues to consider. Health Care Manag 2003;22:275-281.