1. Rodriguez JE, Campbell KM, Mouratidis RW. Where are the rest of us? Improving representation of minority faculty in academic medicine. South Med J 2014;107:739–744.
2. Jean-Louis G. Building a pipeline to increase academic workforce diversity to achieve health equity. Health Equity 2021;5:140–142.
3. Acosta D, Skorton D. Making “good trouble”: time for organized medicine to call for racial justice in medical education and health care. Am J Med 2021;134:1203–1209.
4. Dyer O. Covid-19: Black people and other minorities are hardest hit in US. BMJ 2020;369:m1483.
5. Ajayi AA, Rodriguez F, de Jesus Perez V. Prioritizing equity and diversity in academic medicine faculty recruitment and retention. JAMA Health Forum 2021;2:e212426.
6. Amaechi O, Foster KE, Tumin D, et al. Addressing the gate blocking of minority faculty. J Natl Med Assoc 2021;113:517–521.
7. Rodriguez JE, Figueroa E, Campbell KM, et al. Towards a common lexicon for equity, diversity, and inclusion work in academic medicine. BMC Med Educ 2022;22:703.
8. Kaplan SE, Raj A, Carr PL, et al. Race/ethnicity and success in academic medicine: findings from a longitudinal multi-institutional study. Acad Med 2018;93:616–622.
9. Campbell KM, Hudson BD, Tumin D. Releasing the net to promote minority faculty success in academic medicine. J Racial Ethn Health Disparities 2020;7:202–206.
10. Rodriguez JE, Wusu MH, Anim T, et al. Abolish the minority woman tax! J Womens Health (Larchmt) 2021;30:914–915.
11. Campbell KM, Rodriguez JE. Addressing the minority tax: perspectives from two diversity leaders on building minority faculty success in academic medicine. Acad Med 2019;94:1854–1857.
12. Bonifacino E, Ufomata E, Farkas A, et al. Mentorship of underrepresented physicians and trainees in academic medicine: a systematic review. J Gen Intern Med 2021;36:1023–1034.
13. Robles J, Anim T, Wusu MH, et al. An approach to faculty development for underrepresented minorities in medicine. South Med J 2021;114:579–582.
14. Reese SM, Gilmartin H, Smathers S. Challenges and opportunities in recruiting, hiring and training infection preventionists across facility settings. Am J Infect Control 2021;49:973–977.
15. Som A, Lang M, Di Capua J, et al. Resident-led medical student radiology research interest group: an engine for recruitment, research, and mentoring– radiology in training. Radiology 2021;300:E290–E292.
16. Faucett EA, Brenner MJ, Thompson DM, et al. Tackling the minority tax: a roadmap to redistributing engagement in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2022;166:1174–1181.
17. Nfonoyim B, Martin A, Ellison A, et al. Experiences of underrepresented faculty in pediatric emergency medicine. Acad Emerg Med 2021;28: 982–992.
18. Kalet A, Libby AM, Jagsi R, et al. Mentoring underrepresented minority physician-scientists to success. Acad Med 2022;97:497–502.
19. Baugh AD, Baugh RF. How financial aid policy shortchanges American healthcare. Teach Learn Med 2022;34:322–328.
20. Garcia AN, Kuo T, Arangua L, et al. Factors associated with medical school graduates’ intention to work with underserved populations: policy implications for advancing workforce diversity. Acad Med 2018;93:82–89.
21. Tobey M, Amir O, Beste J, et al. Physician workforce partnerships in rural American Indian/Alaska Native communities and the potential of post-graduate fellowships. J Health Care Poor Underserved 2019;30: 442–455.