1. Toubia N, Schubert ML. Ménétrier's disease. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol 2008;11:103–108.
2. Ménétrier P. [Gastric polyadenomas and their relationship with cancer of the stomach.] Arch Physiol Norm Pathol (Paris) 1888;1:32–55, 236–262 [in French].
3. Liu C, Crawford JM. Hypertrophic Gastropathy, in Kumar V, Abbas AK, Fausto N (eds): Pathologic Basis of Disease. Philadelphia, Elsevier, 2005, ed 7, pp 820–821.
4. Sferra TJ, Pawel BR, Qaulman SJ, et al. Ménétrier disease of childhood: role of cytomegalovirus and transforming growth factor alpha. J Pediatr 1996;128:213–219.
5. Roa K, Arguillas M. Ménétrier's disease: a case report: 319. J Gastroenterol Hepatol2006;21:6:A407.
6. Dempsey PJ, Goldenring JR, Soroka CJ, et al. Possible role of transforming growth factor alpha in the pathogenesis of Ménétrier's disease: supportive evidence form humans and transgenic mice.Gastroenterology 1992;103:1950–1963.
7. Jarnum S, Jensen KB. Plasma protein turnover (albumin, transferrin IgG, IgM) in Ménétrier's disease (giant hypertrophic gastritis): evidence of non-selective protein loss. Gut 1972;13:128–137.
8. Wolfsen HC, Carpenter HA, Talley NJ. Ménétrier's disease. a form of hypertrophic gastropathy or gastritis. Gastroenterology 1993;104:1310–1319.
9. Scharschmidt BF. The natural history of hypertrophic gastropathy (Ménétrier's disease) report of a case with 16 year follow-up and review of 120 cases from the literature. Am J Med 1977;63:644–652.
10. Searcy RM, Malagelada JR. Ménétrier's disease and idiopathic hypertrophic gastropathy. Ann Intern Med 1984;100:565–570.
11. Fieber SS, Rickert RR. Hyperplastic gastropathy. Analysis of 50 selected cases from 1955–1980.Am J Gastroenterol 1981;76:321–329.
12. Sundt TM, Compton CC, Malt RA. Ménétrier's disease. A trivalent gastropathy. Ann Surg1988;208:694–701.
13. Beauchamp RD, Barnard JA, McCutchen CM, et al. Localization of transforming growth factor alpha and its receptor in gastric mucosal cells implications for a regulatory role in acid secretion and mucosal renewal. J Clin Invest 1989;84:1017–1023.
14. Derynck R. The physiology of transforming growth factor-α. Adv Cancer Res 1992;58:27–52.
15. Mueller SG, Paterson AJ, Kudlow JE. Transforming growth factor-alpha in arterioles: cell surface processing of its precursor by elastases. Mol Cell Biol 1990;10:4596–4602.
16. Rappolee DA, Mark D, Band MJ, et al. Wound macrophages express TGF-alpha and other growth factors in vivo: analysis by mRNA phenotyping. Science 1988;241:708–712.
17. Takagi H, Jhappan C, Sharp R, et al. Hypertrophic gastropathy resembling Ménétrier's disease in transgenic mice overexpressing transforming growth factor a in the stomach. J Clin Invest1992;90:1161–1167.
18. Nomura S, Settle SH, Leys CM, et al. Evidence for repatterning of the gastric fundic epithelium associated with Ménétrier's disease and TGF—alpha overexpression. Gastroenterology 2005;128:1292–1305.
19. Kovacs AA, Churchill MA, Wood D, et al. Molecular and epidemiologic evaluations of a cluster of cases of Ménétrier's disease associated with cytomegalovirus. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1993;12:1011–1014.
20. Bayerdorffer E, Ritter MM, Hatz R, et al. Healing of protein losing hypertrophic gastropathy by eradication of Helicobacter pylori—is Helicobacter pylori a pathogenic factor in Ménétrier's disease? Gut1994;35:701–704.
21. Xiao SY, Hart J. Marked gastric foveolar hyperplasia associated with active cytomegalovirus infection. Am J Gastroenterol 2001;96:223–226.
22. Stolte M, Bätz CH, Eidt S. Giant fold gastritis—a special form of Helicobacter pylori associated gastritis. Z Gastroenterol 1993;31:289–293.
23. Nabell LM, Raja RH, Sayeski PP, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus 1 tat stimulates transcription of the transforming growth factor alpha gene in an epidermal growth factor dependent manner. Cell Growth Differ 1994;5:87–93.
24. Frankel AD, Bredt DS, Pabo CO. Tat protein from human immunodeficiency virus forms a metal-linked dimmer. Science 1988;240:70–73.
25. Mitola S, Silvano S, Luini W, et al. Tat-human immunodeficiency virus-1 induces human monocyte chemotaxis by activation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1. Blood 1997;90:1365–1372.
26. Sanchez C, Brody F, Pucci E, et al. Laproscopic total gastrectomy for Ménétrier's disease. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech 2007;17:32–35.