2. Kramer CK, Zinman B, Retnakaran R. Are metabolically healthy overweight and obesity benign conditions? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med 2013;159:758–769..
4. Hales CM, Fryar CD, Carroll MD, et al. Trends in obesity and severe obesity prevalence in US youth and adults by sex and age, 2007–2008 to 2015–2016. JAMA 2018;319:1723–1725.
6. Burton AM, Agne AA, Lehr SM, et al. Training residents in obesity counseling: incorporating principles of motivational interviewing to enhance patient centeredness. J Grad Med Educ 2011;3:408–411.
7. Lenoir L, Maillot M, Guilbot A, et al. Primary care weight loss maintenance with behavioral nutrition: an observational study. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2015;23:1771–1777.
8. Leblanc ES, O’Connor E, Whitlock EP, et al. Effectiveness of primary care-relevant treatments for obesity in adults: a systematic evidence review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Ann Intern Med 2011;155:434–447.
9. Magkos F, Fraterrigo G, Yoshino J, et al. Effects of moderate and subsequent progressive weight loss on metabolic function and adipose tissue biology in humans with obesity. Cell Metab 2016;23:591–601.
10. Vetter ML, Herring SJ, Sood M, et al. What do resident physicians know about nutrition? An evaluation of attitudes, self-perceived proficiency and knowledge. J Am Coll Nutr 2008;27:287–298.
11. Crowley J, Ball L, Hiddink GJ. Nutrition in medical education: a systematic review. Lancet Planet Health 2019;3:e379–e389.
12. Spencer EH, Frank E, Elon LK, et al. Predictors of nutrition counseling behaviors and attitudes in US medical students. Am J Clin Nutr 2006;84:655–662..
14. White PL, Johnson OC, Kibler MJ. Council on foods and nutrition, American Medical Association-its relation to physicians. Postgrad Med 1961;30:502–507.
16. Daley BJ, Cherry-Bukowiec J, Van Way CW III, et al. Current status of nutrition training in graduate medical education from a survey of residency program directors: a formal nutrition education course is necessary. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2016;40:95–99.
17. Han SL, Auer R, Cornuz J, et al. Clinical nutrition in primary care: an evaluation of resident physicians’ attitudes and self-perceived proficiency. Clin Nutr ESPEN 2016;15:69–74.
18. Cassidy-Vu L, Kirk J. Assessing the need for a structured nutrition curriculum in a primary care residency program. J Am Coll Nutr 2020;39:243–248.
19. Antognoli EL, Seeholzer EL, Gullett H, et al. Primary care resident training for obesity, nutrition, and physical activity counseling: a mixed-methods study. Health Promot Pract 2017;18:672–680.
20. Khandelwal S, Zemore SE, Hemmerling A. Nutrition education in internal medicine residency programs and predictors of residents’ dietary counseling practices. J Med Educ Curric Dev 2018;5:2382120518763360.
21. Cyborski CK. Nutrition content in medical curricula. J Nutr Educ 1977;9:17-18.