1. Hirsh J, Hoak J. Management of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: a statement for healthcare professionals: Council on Thrombosis (in consultation with the Council on Cardiovascular Radiology), American Heart Association. Circulation 1996;93:2212–2245.
2. Elliott CG, Dudney TM, Egger M, et al. Calf-thigh sequential pneumatic compression compared with plantar venous pneumatic compression to prevent deep-vein thrombosis after non-lower extremity trauma. J Trauma 1999;47:25–32.
3. Levine MN, Raskob G, Landefeld S, et al. Hemorrhagic complications of anticoagulant treatment.Chest 1998;114:511S–523S
4. Duperier T, Mosenthal A, Swan KG, et al. Acute complications associated with Greenfield filter insertion in high-risk trauma patients. J Trauma 2003;54:545–549.
5. Athanasoulis CA, Kaufman JA, Halpern EF, et al. Inferior vena caval filters: review of a 26-year single-center clinical experience. Radiology 2000;216:54–66.
6. Lorch H, Welger D, Wagner V, et al. Current practice of temporary vena cava filter insertion: a multicenter registry. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2000;11:83–88.
7. Burbridge BE, Walker DR, Millward SF. Incorporation of the Günther temporary inferior vena cava filter into the caval wall. J Vasc Interv Radiol 1996;7:289–290.
8. Darcy MD, Smith TP, Hunter DW, et al. Short-term prophylaxis of pulmonary embolism by using a retrievable vena cava filter. Am J Roentgenol 1986;147:836–838.
9. Millward SF. Temporary and retrievable inferior vena cava filters: current status. J Vasc Interv Radiol1998;9:381–387.
10. de Gregorio MA, Gamboa P, Gimeno MJ, et al. The Günther Tulip retrievable filter: prolonged temporary filtration by repositioning within the inferior vena cava. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2003;14:1259–1265.
11. Epstein DH, Darcy MD, Hunter DW, et al. Experience with the Amplatz retrievable vena cava filter.Radiology 1989;172:105–110.
12. Gosin JS, Graham AM, Ciocca RG, et al. Efficacy of prophylactic vena cava filters in high-risk trauma patients. Ann Vasc Surg 1997;11:100–105.
13. Velmahos GC, Kern J, Chan LS, et al. Prevention of venous thromboembolism after injury: an evidence-based report, II: analysis of risk factors and evaluation of the role of vena caval filters. J Trauma2000;49:140–144.
14. Rogers FB, Strindberg G, Shackford SR, et al. Five-year follow-up of prophylactic vena cava filters in high-risk trauma patients. Arch Surg 1998;133:406–411.
15. Recommended reporting standards for vena caval filter placement and patient follow-up: Vena Caval Filter Consensus Conference. J Vasc Surg 1999;30:573–579.
16. Asch MR. Initial experience in humans with a new retrievable inferior vena cava filter. Radiology2002;225:835–844.