1. Bernard L, El-Hajj Pron B, et al. Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT) for the treatment of osteomyelitis: evaluation of efficacy, tolerance and cost. J Clin Pharm Ther 2001;26:445-451.
2. Kunkel MJ. Quality assurance and outcomes in outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy. Infect Dis Clin North Am 1998;12:1023-1034.
3. Nathwani D, Tice A. Ambulatory antimicrobial use: the value of an outcomes registry. J Antimicrob Chemother 2002;49:149-154.
4. Chapman AL, Dixon S, Andrews D, et al. Clinical efficacy and cost-effectiveness of outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy (OPAT): a UK perspective. J Antimicrob Chemother 2009;64:1316-1324.
5. Dalovisio JR, Juneau J, Baumgarten K, et al. Financial impact of a home intravenous antibiotic program on a medicare managed care program. Clin Infect Dis 2000;30:639-642.
6. Mackintosh CL, White HA, Seaton RA. Outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy (OPAT) for bone and joint infections: experience from a UK teaching hospital-based service. J Antimicrob Chemother 2011;66:408-415.
7. Tice A. The use of outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy in the management of osteomyelitis: data from the Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy Outcomes Registries. Chemotherapy 2001;47(Suppl 1):5-16.
8. Tice AD, Hoaglund PA, Shoultz DA. Outcomes of osteomyelitis among patients treated with outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy. Am J Med 2003;114:723-728.
9. Tice AD, Strait K, Ramey R, et al. Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy for central nervous system infections. Clin Infect Dis 1999;29:1394-1399.
10. Tice AD, Rehm SJ, Dalovisio JR, et al. Practice guidelines for outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy. IDSA guidelines. Clin Infect Dis 2004;38:1651-1672.
11. Chapman AL, Seaton RA, Cooper MA, et al. Good practice recommendations for outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT) in adults in the UK: a consensus statement. J Antimicrob Chemother 2012;67:1053-1062.
12. Marculescu CE, Berbari EF, Cantey JR, et al. Practical considerations in the use of outpatient antimicrobial therapy for musculoskeletal infections. Mayo Clin Proc 2012;87:98-105.
13. Gorski LA. Central venous access device associated infections: recommendations for best practice in home infusion therapy. Home Healthc Nurse 2010;28:221-229.
14. Infusion Nurses Society. Infusion Nursing Standards of Practice. J Infus Nurs 2006;29(1 Suppl):S1-S92.
15. Allison GM, Muldoon EG, Kent DM, et al. Prediction model for 30-day hospital readmissions among patients discharged receiving outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy. Clin Infect Dis 2014;58:812-819.
16. Barr DA, Semple L, Seaton RA. Self-administration of outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy and risk of catheter-related adverse events: a retrospective cohort study. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2012;31:2611-2619.
17. Pulcini C, Couadau T, Bernard E, et al. Adverse effects of parenteral antimicrobial therapy for chronic bone infections. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2008;27:1227-1232.
18. Gilchrist M, Franklin BD, Patel JP. An outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy (OPAT) map to identify risks associated with an OPAT service. J Antimicrob Chemother 2008;62:177-183.
19. Matthews PC, Conlon CP, Berendt AR, et al. Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT): is it safe for selected patients to self-administer at home? A retrospective analysis of a large cohort over 13 years. J Antimicrob Chemother 2007;60:356-362.
20. Wynn M, Dalovisio JR, Tice AD, et al. Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy for infections with methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus. South Med J 2005;98:590-595.
21. Hoffman-Terry ML, Fraimow HS, Fox TR, et al. Adverse effects of outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy. Am J Med 1999;106:44-49.
22. Upton A, Ellis-Pegler RB, Woodhouse A. Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT): a review of experience at Auckland Hospital. N Z Med J 2004;117:U1020.
23. Chary A, Tice AD, Martinelli LP, et al. Experience of infectious diseases consultants with outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy: results of an emerging infections network survey. Clin Infect Dis 2006;43:1290-1295.
24. Harris PA, Taylor R, Thielke R, et al. Research electronic data capture (REDCap)--a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support. J Biomed Inform 2009;42:377Y-381.
25. MapQuest Maps. Driving directions. http://www.mapquest.com. Accessed October 22, 2015.
26. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2000.
27. Spiegelman D, Hertzmark E. Easy SAS calculations for risk or prevalence ratios and differences. Am J Epidemiol 2005;162:199-200.
28. Hosmer DW, Lemeshow S. Applied Logistic Regression. New York: John Wiley & Sons; 1989.
29. Brooke BS, Stone DH, Cronenwett JL, et al. Early primary care provider follow-up and readmission after high-risk surgery. JAMA Surg 2014;149:821-828.
30. Hernandez AF, Greiner MA, Fonarow GC, et al. Relationship between early physician follow-up and 30-day readmission among Medicare beneficiaries hospitalized for heart failure. JAMA 2010;303:1716-1722.
31. Misky GJ, Wald HL, Coleman EA. Post-hospitalization transitions: examining the effects of timing of primary care provider follow-up. J Hosp Med 2010;5:392-397.
33. Rybak MJ, Lomaestro BM, Rotschafer JC, et al. Vancomycin therapeutic guidelines: a summary of consensus recommendations from the infectious diseases Society of America, the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, and the Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists. Clin Infect Dis 2009;49:325-327.
34. Pritchard L, Baker C, Leggett J, et al. Increasing vancomycin serum trough concentrations and incidence of nephrotoxicity. Am J Med 2010;123:1143-1149.
35. Shrestha NK, Mason P, Gordon SM, et al. Adverse events, healthcare interventions and healthcare utilization during home infusion therapy with daptomycin and vancomycin: a propensity score-matched cohort study. J Antimicrob Chemother 2014;69:1407-1415.
36. Conterno LO, Turchi MD. Antibiotics for treating chronic osteomyelitis in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2013;9:CD004439.
37. Reeves WC, Strine TW, Pratt LA, et al. Mental illness surveillance among adults in the United States. MMWR Surveill Summ 2011;60(Suppl 3):1-29.