1. GBD 2013 Risk Factors Collaborators., Forouzanfar MH, Alexander L, Anderson HR, et al. Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 79 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks and clusters of risks in 188 countries, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet 2015;386:2287-2323.
2. Mills KT, Bundy JD, Kelly TN, et al. Global disparities of hypertension prevalence and control: a systematic review of population-based studies from 90 countries. Circulation 2016;134:441-450.
5. Jaffe MG, Lee GA, Young JD, et al. Improved blood pressure control associated with a large-scale hypertension program. JAMA 2013;310:699-705.
6. McAlister FA, Wilkins K, Joffres M, et al. Changes in the rates of awareness, treatment and control of hypertension in Canada over the past two decades. CMAJ 2011;183:1007-1013.
7. Harries AD, Zachariah R, Jahn A, et al. Scaling up antiretroviral therapy in Malawi-implications for managing other chronic diseases in resource-limited countries. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2009;52(Suppl 1):S14-S16.
8. Seita A, Harries AD. All we need to know in public health we can learn from tuberculosis care: lessons for non-communicable disease. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2013;17:429-430.
9. Frieden TR, Berwick DM. The “ Hearts” initiative-preventing heart attacks and strokes. N Engl J Med 2011;365:e27.
10. Jafar TH, Hatcher J, Poulter N, et al. Community-based interventions to promote blood pressure control in a developing country: a cluster randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 2009;151:593-601.
11. Patel P, Ordunez P, DiPette D, et al. Improved blood pressure control to reduce cardiovascular disease morbidity and mortality: the Standardized Hypertension Treatment and Prevention Project. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 2016;18:1284-1294.
12. Wagner EH, Austin BT, Davis C, et al. Improving chronic illness care: translating evidence into action. Health Aff (Millwood) 2001;20:64-78.
14. Campbell NR, Lackland DT, Lisheng L, et al. The World Hypertension League challenges hypertension and cardiovascular organizations to develop strategic plans for the prevention and control of hypertension. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 2015;17:325-327.
15. Angell SY, De Cock KM, Frieden TR. A public health approach to global management of hypertension. Lancet 2015;385:825-827.