1. Vos T, Abajobir AA, Abate KH, et al. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 328 diseases and injuries for 195 countries, 1990–2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Lancet 2017;390:1211–1259.
2. Holguin F, Cardet JC, Chung KF, et al. Management of severe asthma: a European Respiratory Society/American Thoracic Society Guideline. Eur Respir J 2019;55:1900588.
3. Hekking PP, Wener RR, Amelink M, et al. The prevalence of severe refractory asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2015;135:896–902.
4. O’Byrne PM, Pedersen S, Lamm CJ, et al. Severe exacerbations and decline in lung function in asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2009;179:19–24.
5. Goleva E, Hauk PJ, Boguniewicz J, et al. Airway remodeling and lack of bronchodilator response in steroid-resistant asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2007;120:1065–1072.
6. Shaw DE, Sousa AR, Fowler SJ, et al. Clinical and inflammatory characteristics of the European U-BIOPRED adult severe asthma cohort. Eur Respir J 2015;46:1308–1321.
7. Huscher D, Thiele K, Gromnica-Ihle E, et al. Dose-related patterns of glucocorticoid-induced side effects. Ann Rheum Dis 2009;68:1119–1124.
8. Ververeli K, Chipps B. Oral corticosteroid-sparing effects of inhaled corticosteroids in the treatment of persistent and acute asthma. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2004;92:512–522.
9. Busse WW, Bleecker ER, FitzGerald JM, et al. Long-term safety and efficacy of benralizumab in patients with severe, uncontrolled asthma: 1-year results from the BORA phase 3 extension trial. Lancet Resp Med 2019;7:46–59.
10. Robinson D, Humbert M, Buhl R, et al. Revisiting type 2-high and type 2-low airway inflammation in asthma: current knowledge and therapeutic implications. Clin Exp Allergy 2017;47:161–175.
11. McCracken JL, Tripple JW, Calhoun WJ. Biologic therapy in the management of asthma. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 2016;16:375–382.
12. Macdonald LE, Karow M, Stevens S, et al. Precise and in situ genetic humanization of 6 Mb of mouse immunoglobulin genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2014;111:5147–5152.
13. Murphy AJ, Macdonald LE, Stevens S, et al. Mice with megabase humanization of their immunoglobulin genes generate antibodies as efficiently as normal mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2014;111:5153–5158.
14. Gandhi NA, Pirozzi G, Graham NMH. Commonality of the IL-4/IL-13 pathway in atopic diseases. Expert Rev Clin Immunol 2017;13:425–437.
15. Castro M, Corren J, Pavord ID, et al. Dupilumab efficacy and safety in moderateto-severe uncontrolled asthma. N Engl J Med 2018;378:2486–2496.
16. Wenzel S, Ford L, Pearlman D, et al. Dupilumab in persistent asthma with elevated eosinophil levels. N Engl J Med 2013;368:2455–2466.
17. Hanania NA, Korenblat P, Chapman KR, et al. Efficacy and safety of lebrikizumab in patients with uncontrolled asthma (LAVOLTA I and LAVOLTA II): replicate, phase 3, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials. Lancet Respir Med 2016;4:781–796.
18. Panettieri RA Jr, Sjöbring U, Péterffy A, et al. Tralokinumab for severe, uncontrolled asthma (STRATOS 1 and STRATOS 2): two randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 clinical trials. Lancet Respir Med 2018;6:511–525.
19. Rabe KF, Nair P, Brusselle G, et al. Efficacy and safety of dupilumab in glucocorticoid-dependent severe asthma. N Engl J Med 2018;378:2475–2485.
20. Campisi R, Crimi C, Nolasco S, et al. Real-world experience with dupilumab in severe asthma: one-year data from an Italian Named Patient Program. J Asthma Allergy 2021;14:575–583.
21. Grey A, Katelaris C. Dupilumab in the treatment of asthma. Immunotherapy 2019;11:859–872.
22. Maspero JF, Katelaris CH, Busse WW, et al. Dupilumab efficacy in uncontrolled, moderate-to-severe asthma with self-reported chronic rhinosinusitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2020;8:527–539.e9.
23. Boguniewicz M, Beck LA, Sher L, et al. Dupilumab improves asthma and sinonasal outcomes in adults with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2021;9:1212–1223.e6.
24. Busse WW, Maspero JF, Lu Y, et al. Efficacy of dupilumab on clinical outcomes in patients with asthma and perennial allergic rhinitis. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2020;125:565–576.e1.
25. Weinstein SF, Katial R, Jayawardena S, et al. Efficacy and safety of dupilumab in perennial allergic rhinitis and comorbid asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2018;142:171–177.e1.
26. Laidlaw TM, Bachert C, Amin N, et al. Dupilumab improves upper and lower airway disease control in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps and asthma. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2021;126:584–592.e1.
27. Corren J, Castro M, Chanez P, et al. Dupilumab improves symptoms, quality of life, and productivity in uncontrolled persistent asthma. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2019;122:41–49.e2.
28. Castro M, Rabe KF, Corren J, et al. Dupilumab improves lung function in patients with uncontrolled, moderate-to-severe asthma. ERJ Open Res 2020;6:00204–2019.
29. Bourdin A, Papi AA, Corren J, et al. Dupilumab is effective in type 2-high asthma patients receiving high-dose inhaled corticosteroids at baseline. Allergy 2021;76:269–280.
30. Li Z, Radin A, Li M, et al. Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, safety, and tolerability of dupilumab in healthy adult subjects. Clin Pharmacol Drug Dev 2020;9:742–755.
31. Mümmler C, Munker D, Barnikel M, et al. Dupilumab improves asthma control and lung function in patients with insufficient outcome during previous antibody therapy. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2021;9:1177–1185.e4.
32. Tani N, Kataoka N, Kunimatsu Y, et al. Early responders within seven days of dupilumab treatment for severe asthma evaluated by patient-reported outcome: a pilot study. Multidiscip Respir Med 2021;16:736.
33. Renner A, Marth K, Patocka K, et al. Dupilumab rapidly improves asthma control in predominantly anti-IL5/IL5R pretreated Austrian real-life severe asthmatics. Immun Inflamm Dis 2021;9:624–627.
34. Xiong XF, Zhu M, Wu HX, et al. Efficacy and safety of dupilumab for the treatment of uncontrolled asthma: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Respir Res 2019;20:108.
35. Zayed Y, Kheiri B, Banifadel M, et al. Dupilumab safety and efficacy in uncontrolled asthma: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. J Asthma 2019;56:1110–1119. .
36. Corren J, Castro M, O’Riordan T, et al. Dupilumab efficacy in patients with uncontrolled, moderate-to-severe allergic asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2020;8:516–526.
37. Bateman E, Khan A, Xu Y, et al. Pairwise indirect treatment comparison of dupilumab versus other biologics in patients with uncontrolled persistent asthma. Respir Med 2020:105991.
38. Wenzel S, Castro M, Corren J, et al. Dupilumab efficacy and safety in adults with uncontrolled persistent asthma despite use of medium-to-high-dose inhaled corticosteroids plus a long-acting β2 agonist: a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled pivotal phase 2b dose-ranging trial. Lancet 2016;388:31–44.
39. Brooks GD. Updated evaluation of dupilumab in the treatment of asthma: patient selection and reported outcomes. Ther Clin Risk Manag 2020;16:181–187.
40. Ando K, Tanaka A, Sagara H. Comparative efficacy and safety of dupilumab and benralizumab in patients with inadequately controlled asthma: a systematic review. Int J Mol Sci 2020;21:889.
41. Busse WW, Maspero JF, Rabe KF, et al. Liberty Asthma QUEST: Phase 3 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study to evaluate dupilumab efficacy/safety in patients with uncontrolled, moderate-tosevere asthma. Adv Ther 2018;35:737–748.