1. Nusbaum NJ. The katrina public health debacle: Lessons learned and lessons ignored. South Med J2006;99:911–912.
2. Briggs SM. Disaster management teams. Curr Opin Crit Care 2005;11:585–589.
3. Rivara FP, Nathens AB, Jurkovich GJ, et al. Do trauma centers have the capacity to respond to disasters? J Trauma 2006;61:949–953.
4. DeLia D. Annual bed statistics give a misleading picture of hospital surge capacity. Ann Emerg Med | | 2006;48:384–388.
5. Burkle FM. Population-based triage management in response to surge-capacity requirements during a large-scale bioevent disaster. Acad Emerg Med 2006;13:1118–1129.
6. Kellermann AL. Crisis in the emergency department. N Engl J Med 2006;355:1300–1303.
7. Manley WG, Furbee PM, Coben JH, et al. Realities of disaster preparedness in rural hospitals.Disaster Manag Response 2006;4:80–87.
8. Campos-Outcalt D. Disaster medical response: Maximizing your effectiveness. J Fam Pract2006;55:113–115.
9. Prezant DJ, Clair J, Belyaev S, et al. Effects of the august 2003 blackout on the New York City healthcare delivery system: A lesson for disaster preparedness. Crit Care Med 2005;33:S96–101.
10. Silverman M, Stock F, Kutcher J, et al. Blueprint for survival – hurricane preparedness for long-term care facilities. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006;54 (Suppl):S96.
11. Bernick JJ, Pitcock J, Mike L. Where can they go? Hurricane evacuation of the elderly. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006;54(Suppl):S73.
12. Gavagan TF, Smart KM.R.C.G.P et al. Hurricane katrina: Medical response at the houston Astrodome/Reliant center complex. South Med J 2006;99:933–939.
13. Redlener I, Markenson D. Disaster and terrorism preparedness: What pediatricians need to know.Dis Mon 2004;50:6–40.
15. Farmer JC, Carlton PK Jr. Providing critical care during a disaster: The interface between disaster response agencies and hospitals. Crit Care Med 2006;34:S56–S59.
16. King DR, Patel MB, Feinstein AJ, et al. Simulation training for a mass casualty incident: Two-year experience at the army trauma training center. J Trauma 2006;61:943–948.
17. Buttross S. Responding creatively to family needs of hospital staff: Caring for children of caretakers during a disaster. Pediatrics 2006;117:S446–S447.
18. Madrid PA, Schacher SJ. A critical concern: Pediatrician self-care after disasters. Pediatrics2006;117:S454–S457.