1. Price EG, Gozu A, Kern DE, et al. The role of cultural diversity climate in recruitment, promotion, and retention of faculty in academic medicine. J Gen Intern Med 2005;20:565-571.
2. Mahoney MR, Wilson E, Odom KL, et al. Minority faculty voices on diversity in academic medicine: perspectives from one school. Acad Med 2008;83:781-786.
3. Pololi L, Cooper LA, Carr P. Race, disadvantage and faculty experiences in academic medicine. J Gen Intern Med 2010;25:1363-1369.
4. Price EG, Powe NR, Kern DE, et al. Improving the diversity climate in academic medicine: faculty perceptions as a catalyst for institutional change. Acad Med 2009;84:95-105.
5. Rodriguez JE, Campbell KM, Fogarty JP, et al. Underrepresented minority faculty in academic medicine: a systematic review of URM faculty development. Fam Med 2014;46:100-104.
6. Ebell MH, Siwek J, Weiss BD, et al. Strength of recommendation taxonomy (SORT): a patient-centered approach to grading evidence in the medical literature. J Am Board Fam Pract 2004;17:59-67.
8. Andriole DA, Jeffe DB, Hageman HL, et al. Variables associated with fulltime faculty appointment among contemporary U.S. medical school graduates: implications for academic medicine workforce diversity. Acad Med 2010;85:1250-1257.
9. Palepu A, Carr PL, Friedman RH, et al. Minority faculty and academic rank in medicine. JAMA 1998;280:767-771.
10. Peterson NB, Friedman RH, Ash AS, et al. Faculty self-reported experience with racial and ethnic discrimination in academic medicine. J Gen Intern Med 2004;19:259-265.
11. Cropsey KL, Masho SW, Shiang R, et al. Why do faculty leave? Reasons for attrition of women and minority faculty from a medical school: four year results. J Womens Health (Larchmt) 2008;17:1111-1118.
12. Marbella AM, Holloway RL, Sherwood R, et al. Academic ranks and medical schools of underrepresented minority faculty in family medicine departments. Acad Med 2002;77:173-176.
13. Lewis-Stevenson S, Hueston WJ, Mainous AG, et al. Female and underrepresented minority faculty in academic departments of family medicine: are women and minorities better off in family medicine? Fam Med 2001;33:459-465.
14. Page KR, Castillo-Page L, Wright SM. Faculty diversity programs in U.S. medical schools and characteristics associated with higher faculty diversity. Acad Med 2011;86:1221-1228.
15. Palepu A, Carr PL, Friedman RH, et al. Specialty choices, compensation, and career satisfaction of underrepresented minority faculty in academic medicine. Acad Med 2000;75:157-160.
16. Lypson ML, Gruppen L, Stern DT. Warning signs of declining faculty diversity. Acad Med 2002;77(10 Suppl): S10-S12.
17. Nunez-Smith M, Ciarleglio MM, Sandoval-Schaefer T, et al. Institutional variation in the promotion of racial/ethnic minority faculty at US medical schools. Am J Public Health 2012;102:852-858.
18. Fang D, Moy E, Colburn L, et al. Racial and ethnic disparities in faculty promotion in academic medicine. JAMA 2000;284:1085-1092.
19. Christian MC, Trimble EL. Increasing participation of physicians and patients from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups in National Cancer Institute-sponsored clinical trials. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2003;12:277s-283s.
20. Hoover E. An analysis of the association of American medical colleges’ review of minorities in medical education. J Natl Med Assoc 2005;97:1240-1242, 1244-1256.
21. Butler PD, Britt LD, Longaker MT. Ethnic diversity remains scarce in academic plastic and reconstructive surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg 2009;123:1618-1627.
22. Campbell KM, Berne-Anderson T, Wang A, et al. USSTRIDE program is associated with competitive Black and Latino student applicants to medical school. Med Educ Online 2014;19:4.
23. Johnson JC, Jayadevappa R, Taylor L, et al. Extending the pipeline for minority physicians: a comprehensive program for minority faculty development. Acad Med 1998;73:237-244.
24. Daley S, Wingard DL, Reznik V. Improving the retention of underrepresented minority faculty in academic medicine. J Natl Med Assoc 2006;98:1435-1440.
25. Daley SP, Broyles SL, Rivera LM, et al. A conceptual model for faculty development in academic medicine: the underrepresented minority faculty experience. J Natl Med Assoc 2011;103:816-821.
26. Cropsey KL, Masho SW, Shiang R, et al. Why do faculty leave? Reasons for attrition of women and minority faculty from a medical school: four-year results. J Womens Health (Larchmt) 2008;17:1111-1118.
27. Pololi LH, Krupat E, Schnell ER, et al. Preparing culture change agents for academic medicine in a multi-institutional consortium: the C-change learning action network. J Contin Educ Health Prof 2013;33:244-257.
28. Rust G, Taylor V, Herbert-Carter J, et al. The Morehouse Faculty Development Program: evolving methods and 10-year outcomes. Fam Med 2006;38:43-49.
30. Richert A, Campbell K, Rodriguez J, et al. ACU workforce column: expanding and supporting the health care workforce. J Health Care Poor Underserved 2013;24:1423-1431.
31. Marrast LM, Zallman L, Woolhandler S, et al. Minority physicians’ role in the care of underserved patients: diversifying the physician workforce may be key in addressing health disparities. JAMA Intern Med 2014;174:289-291.
32. Rodriguez JE, Campbell KM. Ways to guarantee minority faculty will quit academic medicine. Acad Med 2013;88:1591.
33. Krupat E, Pololi L, Schnell ER, et al. Changing the culture of academic medicine: the C-Change learning action network and its impact at participating medical schools. Acad Med 2013;88:1252-1258.
34. Campbell KM, Rodriguez JE, Beitsch LM, et al. Underrepresented minorities in academic medicine: is Florida better off ? South Med J 2014;107:173-176.
35. Norris KC, Baker RS, Taylor R, et al. Historically black medical schools: addressing the minority health professional pipeline and the public mission of care for vulnerable populations. J Natl Med Assoc 2009;101:864-872.
36. Pololi LH, Evans AT, Gibbs BK, et al. The experience of minority faculty who are underrepresented in medicine, at 26 representative U.S. medical schools. Acad Med 2013;88:1308-1314.
37. Beech BM, Calles-Escandon J, Hairston KG, et al. Mentoring programs for underrepresented minority faculty in academic medical centers: a systematic review of the literature. Acad Med 2013;88:541-549.