1. Shandera WX, White AC Jr, Chen JC, et al. Neurocysticercosis in Houston, Texas: A report of 112 cases. Medicine (Baltimore) 1994; 73: 37–52.
2. Lombardo L, Mateos JH. Cerebral cysticercosis in Mexico. Neurology 1961; 11: 824–828.
3. Breeze R. Neurocysticercosis. Contemp Neurosurg 1990; 23: 1–5.
4. Garcia HH, Del Brutto OH. Taenia solium cysticercosis. Infect Dis Clin North Am 2000; 14: 97–119, ix.
5. Del Brutto OH, Noboa CA. Late onset epilepsy in Ecuador: Aetiology and clinical features in 225 patients. J Trop Geogr Neurol 1991; 1: 31–34.
6. Del Brutto OH, Santibanez R, Noboa CA, et al. Epilepsy due to neurocysticercosis: Analysis of 203 patients. Neurology 1992; 42: 389–392.
7. Del Brutto OH, Sotelo J, Roman GC. Neurocysticercosis: A Clinical Handbook. Exton, PA, Swets & Zeitliger, 1998.
8. Apuzzo MLJ, Dobkin WR, Zee CS, et al. Surgical considerations in treatment of intraventricular cysticercosis: An analysis of 45 cases. J Neurosurg 1984; 60: 400–407.
9. Bandres JC, White AC Jr, Samo T, et al. Extraparenchymal neurocysticercosis: Report of five cases and review of management. Clin Infect Dis 1992; 15: 799–811.
10. Cuetter AC, Garcia-Bobadilla J, Guerra LG, et al. Neurocysticercosis: Focus on intraventricular disease. Clin Infect Dis 1997; 24: 157–164.
11. Zee CS, Segall HD, Apuzzo MLJ, et al. Intraventricular cysticercal cysts: Further neuroradiologic observations and neurosurgical implications. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 1984; 5: 727–730.
12. Del Brutto OH, Sotelo J. Albendazole therapy for subarachnoid and ventricular cysticercosis: Case report. J Neurosurg 1990; 72: 816–817.
13. Del Brutto OH, Sotelo J, Aguirre R, et al. Albendazole therapy for giant subarachnoid cysticerci. Arch Neurol 1992; 49: 535–538.
14. Noboa C. Albendazole therapy for giant subarachnoid cysticerci. Arch Neurol 1993; 50: 347–348(letter).
15. Sotelo J, Marin C. Hydrocephalus secondary to cysticercotic arachnoiditis: A long-term follow-up review of 92 cases. J Neurosurg 1987; 66: 686–689.
16. Espinoza B, Ruiz-Palacios G, Tovar A, et al. Characterization by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay of the humoral immune response in patients with neurocysticercosis and its application in immunodiagnosis. J Clin Microbiol 1986; 24: 536–541.
17. Proano-Narvaez JV, Meza-Lucas A, Mata-Ruiz O, et al. Laboratory diagnosis of human neurocysticercosis: Double-blind comparison of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and electroimmunotransfer blot assay. J Clin Microbiol 2002; 40: 2115–2118.
18. Wilson M, Bryan RT, Fried JA, et al. Clinical evaluation of the cysticercosis enzyme-linked immunoelectrotransfer blot in patients with neurocysticercosis. J Infect Dis 1991; 164: 1007–1009.
19. Gekeler F, Eichenlaub S, Mendoza EG, et al. Sensitivity and specificity of ELISA and immunoblot for diagnosing neurocysticercosis. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2002; 21: 227–229.
20. Del Brutto OH, Rajshekhar V, White AC Jr, et al. Proposed diagnostic criteria for neurocysticercosis. Neurology 2001; 57: 177–183.
21. White AC Jr, Robinson P, Kuhn R. Taenia solium cysticercosis: Host-parasite interactions and the immune response. Chem Immunol 1997; 66: 209–230.
22. Pittella JE. Neurocysticercosis. Brain Pathol 1997; 7: 681–693.
23. White AC Jr, Shandera WX. Seizures and treatment for cerebral cysticercosis. N Engl J Med 1992; 327: 1955–1956(letter).
24. Dumas JL, Visy JM, Belin C, et al. Parenchymal neurocysticercosis: Follow-up and staging by MRI. Neuroradiology 1997; 39: 12–18.
25. Park SY, Barkovich AJ, Weintrub PS. Clinical implications of calcified lesions of neurocysticercosis. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2000; 19: 581–583.
26. Sheth TN, Pillon L, Keystone J, et al. Persistent MR contrast enhancement of calcified neurocysticercosis lesions. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 1998; 19: 79–82.
27. Garcia HH, Evans CA, Nash TE, et al. Current consensus guidelines for treatment of neurocysticercosis. Clin Microbiol Rev 2002; 15: 747–756.
28. Bittencourt PR, Gracia CM, Martins R, et al. Phenytoin and carbamazepine decreased oral bioavailability of praziquantel. Neurology 1992; 42: 492–496.
29. Vazquez ML, Jung H, Sotelo J. Plasma levels of praziquantel decrease when dexamethasone is given simultaneously. Neurology 1987; 37: 1561–1562.
30. Baranwal AK, Singhi PD, Khandelwal N, et al. Albendazole therapy in children with focal seizures and single small enhancing computerized tomographic lesions: A randomized, placebo-controlled, double blind trial. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1998; 17: 696–700.
31. Carpio A, Santillan F, Leon P, et al. Is the course of neurocysticercosis modified by treatment with antihelminthic agents? Arch Intern Med 1995; 155: 1982–1988.
32. Padma MV, Behari M, Misra NK, et al. Albendazole in single CT ring lesions in epilepsy. Neurology 1994; 44: 1344–1346.
33. Singhi P, Ray M, Singhi S, et al. Clinical spectrum of 500 children with neurocysticercosis and response to albendazole therapy. J Child Neurol 2000; 15: 207–213.
34. Vazquez V, Sotelo J. The course of seizures after treatment for cerebral cysticercosis. N Engl J Med 1992; 327: 696–701.
35. Couldwell WT, Zee CS, Apuzzo MLJ. Definition of the role of contemporary surgical management in cisternal and parenchymatous cysticercosis cerebri. Neurosurgery 1991; 28: 231–237.
36. Martinez-Lopez M, Quiroz y Ferrari F. Cysticercosis. J Clin Neuroophthalmol 1985; 5: 127–143.
37. Ramina R, Hunhevicz SC. Cerebral cysticercosis presenting as mass lesion. Surg Neurol 1986; 25: 89–93.
38. Torrealba G, Del Villar S, Tagle P, et al. Cysticercosis of the central nervous system: Clinical and therapeutic considerations. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1984; 47: 784–790.
39. Leblanc R, Knowles KF, Melanson D, et al. Neurocysticercosis: Surgical and medical management with praziquantel. Neurosurgery 1986; 18: 419–427.
40. Proano JV, Madrazo I, Avelar F, et al. Medical treatment for neurocysticercosis characterized by giant subarachnoid cysts. N Engl J Med 2001; 345: 879–885.
41. Colli BO, Martelli N, Assirati JA Jr, et al. Results of surgical treatment of neurocysticercosis in 69 cases. J Neurosurg 1986; 65: 309–315.
42. Madrazo I, Garcia-Renteria JA, Sandoval M, et al. Intraventricular cysticercosis. Neurosurgery 1983; 12: 148–152.
43. Proano JV, Madrazo I, Garcia L, et al. Albendazole and praziquantel treatment in neurocysticercosis of the fourth ventricle. J Neurosurg 1997; 87: 29–33.
44. Robles C, Chavarria M. A case of successfully treated cerebral cysticercosis [in Spanish]. Gac Med Mex 1980; 116: 65–71.
45. McCormick GF. Cysticercosis: Review of 230 patients. Bull Clin Neurosci 1985; 50: 76–101.
46. Sainte-Rose C, Hoffman HJ, Hirsch JF. Shunt failure, in Marlin AE (ed): Concepts in Pediatric Neurosurgery. Basel, S. Karger, 1989, vol 9, pp 7–20.
47. Kelley R, Duong DH, Locke GE. Characteristics of ventricular shunt malfunctions among patients with neurocysticercosis. Neurosurgery 2002; 50: 757–762.
48. Anandh B, Mohanty A, Sampath S, et al. Endoscopic approach to intraventricular cysticercal lesions. Minim Invasive Neurosurg 2001; 44: 194–196.
49. Bergsneider M. Endoscopic removal of cysticercal cysts within the fourth ventricle: Technical note. J Neurosurg 1999; 91: 340–345.
50. Bergsneider M, Holly LT, Lee JH, et al. Endoscopic management of cysticercal cysts within the lateral and third ventricles. J Neurosurg 2000; 92: 14–23.
51. Cudlip SA, Wilkins PR, Marsh HT. Endoscopic removal of a third ventricular cysticercal cyst. Br J Neurosurg 1998; 12: 452–454.
52. King JS, Hosobuchi Y. Cysticercus cyst of the lateral ventricle. Surg Neurol 1977; 7: 125–129.