1. Ogden CL, Carroll MD, Kit BK, et al. Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011-2012. JAMA 2014;311:806-814.
2. Ogden CL, Fryar CD, Hales CM, et al. Differences in obesity prevalence by demographics and urbanization in US children and adolescents, 2013-2016. JAMA 2018;319:2410-2418.
3. Reilly JJ, Methven E, McDowell ZC, et al. Health consequences of obesity. Arch Dis Child 2003;88:748-752.
4. Goran MI, Ball GDC, Cruz ML. Cardiovascular endocrinology 2: obesity and risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in children and adolescents. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2003;88:1417-1427.
5. Bixler EO, Vgontzas AN, Lin HM, et al. Sleep disordered breathing in children in a general population sample: prevalence and risk factors. Sleep 2009;32:731-736.
6. Taylor ED. Orthopedic complications of overweight in children and adolescents. Pediatrics 2006;117:2167-2174.
7. Hill AP, Zuckerman KE, Fombonne E. Obesity and autism. Pediatrics 2015;136:1051-1061.
8. Singh AS, Mulder C, Twisk JWR, et al. Tracking of childhood overweight into adulthood: a systematic review of the literature. Obes Rev 2008;9:474-488.
9. MacMahon S, Baigent C, Duffy S, et al. Body-mass index and cause-specific mortality in 900 000 adults: collaborative analyses of 57 prospective studies. Lancet 2009;373:1083-1096.
10. Jungheim ES, Travieso JL, Carson KR, et al. Obesity and reproductive function. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 2012;39:479-493.
11. Zheng Z, Zhang L, Li S, et al. Association among obesity, overweight and autism spectrum disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Sci Rep 2017;7:1-9.
12. Schreck KA, Williams K. Food preferences and factors influencing food selectivity for children with autism spectrum disorders. Res Dev Disabil 2006;27:353-363.
13. Evans EW, Must A, Anderson SE, et al. Dietary patterns and body mass index in children with autism and typically developing children. Res Autism Spectr Disord 2012;6:399-405.
14. Broder-Fingert S, Brazauskas K, Lindgren K, et al. Prevalence of overweight and obesity in a large clinical sample of children with autism. Acad Pediatr 2014;14:408-414.
15. Cermak SA, Curtin C, Bandini LG. Food selectivity and sensory sensitivity in children with autism spectrum disorders. J Am Diet Assoc 2013;110:238-246.
16. Richdale AL. Sleep problems in autism: prevalence, cause, and intervention. Dev Med Child Neurol 1999;41:60-66.
17. Dev DA, McBride BA, Fiese BH, et al. Risk factors for overweight/obesity in preschool children: an ecological approach. Child Obes 2013;9:399-408.
18. De Vinck-Baroody O, Shui A, Macklin EA, et al. Overweight and obesity in a sample of children with autism spectrum disorder. Acad Pediatr 2015;15:396-404.
19. Schopler E, Van Bourgondien ME, Wellman GJ, et al. The Childhood Autism Rating Scale (CARS2). Los Angeles:Western Psychological Services; 2010.
20. Curtin C, Bandini LG, Perrin EC, et al. Prevalence of overweight in children and adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorders: a chart review. BMC Pediatr 2005;5:48.
21. Zuckerman K, Hill A, Guion K, et al. Overweight and obesity: prevalence and correlates in a large clinical sample of children with autism spectrum disorder. J Autism Dev Disord 2014;44:1708-1719.
22. Chen AY, Kim SE, Houtrow AJ, et al. Prevalence of obesity among children with chronic conditions. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2010;:18:210-213.
23. Curtin C, Anderson SE, Must A, et al. The prevalence of obesity in children with autism: a secondary data analysis using nationally representative data from the National Survey of Children’s Health. BMC Pediatr 2010;10:11.
24. Phillips KL, Schieve LA, Visser S, et al. Prevalence and impact of unhealthy weight in a national sample of US adolescents with autism and other learning and behavioral disabilities. Matern Child Health J 2014;18:1964-1975.
25. Egan AM, Dreyer ML, Odar CC, et al. Obesity in young children with autism spectrum disorders: prevalence and associated factors. Child Obes 2013;9:125-131.
26. Flegal KM, Wei R, Ogden CL, et al. Characterizing extreme values of body mass index-for-age by using the 2000 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention growth charts. Am J Clin Nutr 2009;90:1314-1320.
27. Kelly AS, Barlow SE, Rao G, et al. Severe obesity in children and adolescents: Identification, associated health risks, and treatment approaches: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2013;128:1689-1712.