1. Iglehart JK. No place like home-testing a new model of care delivery. N Engl J Med 2008;359:1200-1202.
3. Weiss LJ, Blustein J. Faithful patients: the effect of long-term physician-patient relationships on the costs and use of health care by older Americans. Am J Public Health 1996;86:1742-1747.
4. Detz A, Lopez A, Sarkar U. Long-term doctor-patient relationships: patient perspective from online reviews. J Med Internet Res 2013;15:e131.
5. Pereira AG, Pearson SD. Patient attitudes toward continuity of care. Arch Intern Med 2003;163:909-912.
6. Mainous AG 3rd, Goodwin MA, Stange KC. Patient-physician shared experiences and value patients place on continuity of care. Ann Fam Med 2004;2:452-454.
7. Platonova EA, Kennedy KN, Shewchuk RM. Understanding patient satisfaction, trust, and loyalty to primary care physicians. Med Care Res Rev 2008;65:696-712.
8. Mangin D, Stephen G, Bismah V, et al. Making patient values visible in healthcare: a systematic review of tools to assess patient treatment priorities and preferences in the context of multimorbidity. BMJ Open 2016;6:e010903.
9. Tarrant C, Stokes T, Baker R. Factors associated with patients’ trust in their general practitioner: a cross-sectional survey. Br J Gen Pract 2003;53:798-800.
10. Fan VS, Burman M, McDonell MB, et al. Continuity of care and other determinants of patient satisfaction with primary care. J Gen Intern Med 2005;20:226-233.
11. Perfetto EM, Oehrlein EM, Boutin M, et al. Value to whom? The patient voice in the value discussion. Value Health 2017;20:286-291.
12. Tung YC, Chang GM. Patient satisfaction with and recommendation of a primary care provider: associations of perceived quality and patient education. Int J Qual Health Care 2009;21:206-213.
14. Sudhakar-Krishnan V, Rudolf M. How important is continuity of care? Arch Dis Child 2007;92:381-383.
15. Haggerty JL, Reid RJ, Freeman GK, et al. Continuity of care: a multidisciplinary review. BMJ 2003;327:1219-1221.
16. Nutting PA, Goodwin MA, Flocke SA, et al. Continuity of primary care: to whom does it matter and when? Ann Fam Med 2003;1:149-155.
17. Ha JF, Longnecker N. Doctor-patient communication: a review. Ochsner J 2010;10:38-43.
18. Levinson W, Lesser CS, Epstein RM. Developing physician communication skills for patient-centered care. Health Aff (Millwood) 2010;29:1310-1318.
19. Saultz JW, Lochner J. Interpersonal continuity of care and care outcomes: a critical review. Ann Fam Med 2005;3:159-166.
20. Cabana MD, Jee SH. Does continuity of care improve patient outcomes? J Fam Pract 2004;53:974-980.
21. Saultz JW. Defining and measuring interpersonal continuity of care. Ann Fam Med 2003;1:134-143.
22. Pandhi N, Schumacher J, Flynn KE, et al. Patients’ perceptions of safety if interpersonal continuity of care were to be disrupted. Health Expect 2008;11:400-408.
23. Cheng SH, Hou YF, Chen CC. Does continuity of care matter in a health care system that lacks referral arrangements? Health Policy Plan 2011;26:157-162.
24. Barker I, Steventon A, Deeny SR. Association between continuity of care in general practice and hospital admissions for ambulatory care sensitive conditions: cross sectional study of routinely collected, personal level data. BMJ 2017;356:j84.
25. Herndon JH, Pollick KJ. Continuing concerns, new challenges, and next steps in physician-patient communication. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2002;84-A:309-315.
26. Adler R, Vasiliadis A, Bickell N. The relationship between continuity and patient satisfaction: a systematic review. Fam Pract 2010;27:171-178.
27. Emanuel EJ, Dubler NN. Preserving the physician-patient relationship in the era of managed care. JAMA 1995;273:323-329.
28. Chen HM, Tu YH, Chen CM. Effect of continuity of care on quality of life in older adults with chronic diseases: a meta-analysis. Clin Nurs Res 2017;26:266-284.
29. Mead N, Bower P. Patient-centredness: a conceptual framework and review of the empirical literature. Soc Sci Med 2000;51:1087-1110.
30. Cheng SH, Chen CC, Hou YF. A longitudinal examination of continuity of care and avoidable hospitalization: evidence from a universal coverage health care system. Arch Intern Med 2010;170:1671-1677.
31. Yoon JD, Shin JH, Nian AL, et al. Religion, sense of calling, and the practice of medicine: findings from a national survey of primary care physicians and psychiatrists. South Med J 2015;108:189-195.
32. Brendel D. Can patients and psychiatrists be friends? A pragmatist viewpoint. EJPAP 2011;3:200-210.
33. Post SG. Beyond adversity: physician and patient as friends? J Med Humanit 1994;15:23-29.
34. Rourke JT, Smith LF, Brown JB. Patients, friends, and relationship boundaries. Can Fam Physician 1993;39:2557-2564.
35. Lain Entralgo P. Doctor and Patient. New York:McGraw Hill , 1969;:17.
37. Jackson BD, Gray K, Knowles SR, et al. EHealth technologies in inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review. J Crohns Colitis 2016;10:1103-1121.
38. Ponce BA, Brabston EW, Shin Zu, et al. Telemedicine with mobile devices and augmented reality for early postoperative care. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2016;2016:4411-4414.
39. Zajtchuk R, Gilbert GR. Telemedicine: a new dimension in the practice of medicine. Dis Mon 1999;45:197-262.
40. Tak HJ, Curlin FA, Yoon JD. Association of intrinsic motivating factors and markers of physician well-being: a national physician survey. J Gen Intern Med 2017;32:739-746.
41. Dreiher J, Comaneshter D, Rosenbluth Y, et al. The association between continuity of care in the community and health outcomes: a population-based study. Isr J Health Policy Res 2012;1:21.
42. van Walraven C, Oake N, Jennings A, et al. The association between continuity of care and outcomes: a systematic and critical review. J Eval Clin Pract 2010;16:947-956.
43. Lee SJ, Back AL, Block SD, et al. Enhancing physician-patient communication. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2002;464-483.
44. Zolnierek KB, Dimatteo MR. Physician communication and patient adherence to treatment: a meta-analysis. Med Care 2009;47:826-834.
45. Clack GB, Allen J, Cooper D, et al. Personality differences between doctors and their patients: implications for the teaching of communication skills. Med Educ 2004;38:177-186.
46. Suarez-Almazor ME. Patient-physician communication. Curr Opin Rheumatol 2004;16:91-95.
47. Stewart MA. Effective physician-patient communication and health outcomes: a review. CMAJ 1995;152:1423-1433.
48. Magnezi R, Bergman LC, Urowitz S. Would your patient prefer to be considered your friend? Patient preferences in physician relationships. Health Educ Behav 2015;42:210-219.
49. Gabel LL, Lucas JB, Westbury RC. Why do patients continue to see the same physician? Fam Pract Res J 1993;13:133-147.