1. Sierra-Hoffman M, Jinadatha C, Carpenter JL, et al. Postoperative instrumented spine infections: a retrospective review. South Med J 2010;103:25–30.
2. Glassman SD, Dimar JR, Puno RM, et al. Salvage of instrumented lumbar fusions complicated by surgical wound infection. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 1996;21:2163–2169.
3. Levi AD, Dickman CA, Sonntag VK. Management of postoperative infections after spinal instrumentation. J Neurosurg 1997;86:975–980.
4. Viola RW, King HA, Adler SM, et al. Delayed infection after elective spinal instrumentation and fusion. A retrospective analysis of eight cases. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 1997;22:2444–2450; discussion 2450–2451.
5. Richards BS. Delayed infections following posterior spinal instrumentation for the treatment of idiopathic scoliosis. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1995;77:524–529.
6. Perry JW, Montgomerie JZ, Swank S, et al. Wound infections following spinal fusion with posterior segmental spinal instrumentation. Clin Infect Dis 1997;24:558–661.
7. Collins I, Wilson-MacDonald J, Chami G, et al. The diagnosis and management of infection following instrumented spinal fusion. Eur Spine J 2008;17:445–450.
8. Weinstein MA, McCabe JP, Cammisa FP Jr. Postoperative spinal wound infection: a review of 2,391 consecutive index procedures. J Spinal Disord 2000;13:422–426.
9. Kowalski TJ, Berbari EF, Huddleston PM, et al. The management and outcome of spinal implant infections: contemporary retrospective cohort study. Clin Infect Dis 2007;44:913–920.
10. Muschik M, Lück W, Schlenzka D. Implant removal for late-developing infection after instrumented posterior spinal fusion for scoliosis: reinstrumentation reduces loss of correction. A retrospective analysis of 45 cases. Eur Spine J 2004;13:645–651.
11. Theiss SM, Lonstein JE, Winter RB. Wound infections in reconstructive spine surgery. Orthop Clin North Am 1996;27:105–110.
12. Deckey JE, Court C, Bradford DS. Loss of sagittal plane correction after removal of spinal implants. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 2000;25:2453–2460.