1. Siegel RL, Miller KD, Jemal A. Cancer statistics, 2018. CA Cancer J Clin 2018;68:7-30.
5. Wilson RJ, Ryerson AB, Singh SD, et al. Cancer incidence in Appalachia, 2004-2011. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2016;25:250-258.
6. Cote ML, Alhaii T, Ruterbusch JJ, et al. Risk factors for endometrial cancer in black and white women: a pooled analysis from the Epidemiology of Endometrial Cancer Consortium (E2C2). Cancer Causes Control 2015;26:287-296.
7. Trabert B, Wentzensen N, Felix AS, et al. Metabolic syndrome and risk of endometrial cancer in the United States a study in the SEER-Medicare linked database. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2015;24:261-267.
8. Jemal A, Siegel R, Ward E, et al. Cancer statistics, 2008. CA Cancer J Clin 2008;58:71-96.
9. von Elm E, Altman DG, Egger M, et al. The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies. J Clin Epidemiol 2008;61:344-349.
10. Bokhman JV. Two pathogenetic types of endometrial carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol 1983;15:10-17.
11. Kurman RJ, Carcangiu ML, Herrington S, et al. , eds. WHO Classification of Tumours of Female Reproductive Organs. 4th ed. Geneva:WHO Press;2014.
12. Cantrell LA, Blank SV, Duska LR. Uterine carcinosarcoma: a review of the literature. Gynecol Oncol 2015;137:581-588.
13. Fuji H, Yoshida M, Gong ZX, et al. Frequent genetic heterogeneity in the clonal evolution of gynecological carcinosarcoma and its influence on phenotypic diversity. Cancer Res 2000;60:114-120.
14. Fay MP, Tiwari RC, Feuer EJ, et al. Estimating average annual percent change for disease rates without assuming constant change. Biometrics 2006;62:847-854.
15. Bregar AJ, Alejandro Rauh-Hain J, Spencer R, et al. Disparities in receipt of care for high-grade endometrial cancer: a National Cancer Data Base analysis. Gynecol Oncol 2017;145:114-121.
16. Zhou Y, Jorgensen EM, Gan Y, et al. Cigarette smoke increases progesterone receptor and homeobox A10 expression in human endometrium and endometrial cells: a potential role in the decreased prevalence of endometrial pathology in smokers. Biol Reprod 2011;84:1242-1247.
17. Zhou B, Yang L, Sun Q, et al. Cigarette smoking and the risk of endometrial cancer: a meta-analysis. Am J Med 2008;121:501-508.e3.
18. Nevadunsky N, Van Arsdale A, Strickler HD, et al. Obesity and age at diagnosis of endometrial cancer. Obstet Gynecol 2014;124( 2 Part 1 ):300-306.
19. Setiawan VW, Yang HP, Pike MC, et al. Type I and II endometrial cancers: have they different risk factors? J Clin Oncol 2013;31:2607-2618.
20. Yang HP, Wentzensen N, Trabert B, et al. Endometrial cancer risk factors by 2 main histologic subtypes: the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study. Am J Epidemiol 2013;177:142-151.
21. Felix AS, Weissfeld JL, Stone RA, et al. Factors associated with type I and type II endometrial cancer. Cancer Causes Control 2010;21:1851-1856.
22. Wysowski DK, Honig SF, Beitz J. Uterine sarcoma associated with tamoxifen use. N Engl J Med 2002;346:1832-1833.
23. Wickerham DL, Fisher B, Wolmark N, et al. Association of tamoxifen and uterine sarcoma. J Clin Oncol 2002;20:2758-2760.
25. D'Angelo E, Prat J. Uterine sarcomas: a review. Gynecol Oncol 2010;116:131-139.
26. Modesitt SC, Huang B, Shelton BJ, et al. Endometrial cancer in Kentucky: the impact of age, smoking status, and rural residence. Gynecol Oncol 2006;103:300-306.
27. Toro JR, Travis LB, Wu HJ, et al. Incidence patterns of soft tissue sarcomas, regardless of primary site, in the surveillance, epidemiology and end results program, 1978-2001: an analysis of 26,758 cases. Int J Cancer 2006;119:2922-2930.
28. Silverberg SG, Major FJ, Blessing JA, et al. Carcinosarcoma (malignant mixed mesodermal tumor) of the uterus. A Gynecologic Oncology Group pathologic study of 203 cases. Int J Gynecol Pathol 1990;9:1-19.
29. Matsuo K, Takazawa Y, Ross MS, et al. Significance of histologic pattern of carcinoma and sarcoma components on survival outcomes of uterine carcinosarcoma. Ann Oncol 2016;27:1257-1266.
30. Matsuo K, Ross MS, Machida H, et al. Trends of uterine carcinosarcoma in the United States. Gynecol Oncol 2018;29:e22.
31. Abeler VM, Rø O, Thoresen S, et al. Uterine sarcomas in Norway. A histopathological and prognostic survey of a total population from 1970 to 2000 including 419 patients. Histopathology 2009;54:355-364.
32. Nordal RR, Thoresen SO. Uterine sarcomas in Norway 1956-1992: incidence, survival and mortality. Eur J Cancer 1997;33:907-911.
33. Walker GV, Grant SR, Guadagnolo BA, et al. Disparities in stage at diagnosis, treatment, and survival in nonelderly adult patients with cancer according to insurance status. J Clin Oncol 2014;32:3118-3125.